New XR500 DumaOS Upgrade Available V2.2.1.10

My headset is a Razer Kraken wired to a wireless PS4 controller. If your headset is incompatible / not an official PS4 / Xbox headset then you can get interference wherever there's a wireless connection. (So if your headset is wired to the controller there can be interference between the controller and the console, and if your headset is wireless the interference will be between the headset and the console).

It can happen for me whenever I use the internet on another wireless device near it - namely a phone. I believe only official headsets will not experience this issue. I'm not sure about PC though if the headset is wireless I imagine the issue is similar.

Hi jack

the crackling and popping occurs after the game has been played for a while and gets consistently worse to a point it just stays the same throughout.

Exiting the game and restarting cures it.

...prob some stupid ingame memory leak causing it....

...some of the fixes suggest going into sound properties, and changing the DVD quality down to CD quality....

Havent tried it yet myself, but going to try later and see.....

i.e.

Right Click the speaker icon in the taskbar.

Playback Devices

Select your default device and press Properties.

Under Advanced tab, you should have a dropdown for Default Format.

Change its value to 2 ch 16bit 44100Hz.

• Administrators

I tried upgrading recently in the top right and it never stopped upgrading firmware and i cant get on the internet or see the interface.

I've sent you a PM. Please follow the instructions carefully.

I use the turtle beach tournament headphones that plug directly into the controller and also have Astro A40 that plug into controller to troubleshoot, I’ve use it with the TAC and without to see if any change and there wasn’t. I’ve notice you can’t use UPNP and port forwarding at the same time cause it cause interference. I’ve had time since this update that my router will drop WiFi and loose connection where I have to turn off completely my modem and router and then turn on in order to get them to pair correctly. I have a netgear modem CM600.

• Administrators

I use the turtle beach tournament headphones that plug directly into the controller and also have Astro A40 that plug into controller to troubleshoot, I’ve use it with the TAC and without to see if any change and there wasn’t. I’ve notice you can’t use UPNP and port forwarding at the same time cause it cause interference. I’ve had time since this update that my router will drop WiFi and loose connection where I have to turn off completely my modem and router and then turn on in order to get them to pair correctly. I have a netgear modem CM600.

Could you make a new topic about your issue please as this is just the upgrade topic. I find it hard to believe the router would cause audio issues with a headset that isn't connected to it. It's more likely to be wireless congestion on 2.4Ghz, phones etc near the headset could interfere. Also disable SIP ALG in WAN Setup. If you're having issues with disconnecting there should be no reason you have to reboot the modem unless the modem is the cause of the issue.

• Administrators

Where is the Netduma OS, y'all promised for us R1 owners? Wasn't it said it'll be released on April? Can we get an update?

17th April - http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23315-major-announcement-netduma-partner-with-netgear-to-launch-the-nighthawk-xr500-gaming-router/

Hey Fraser,

i have a problem after updating the newest Firmware.
I have a 50k Down and 10 Up Internet (Telekom Germany) edit: PPPoE

After that Update:
13.3 Mbit/s Downloadgeschwindigkeit
1.32 Mbit/s Uploadgeschwindigkeit

Tryed Factory Reset Settings/Admin
Hard Reset on the Router.
Reuploaded the 2.2.1.10.img

doesent work.

PS: your Inbox is full ;)

• Administrators

Since I’ve upgraded to the new firmware I’ve been having some issues. How do I go back to the original firmware?

I'd highly recommend staying on the latest firmware. Can you create a new topic with the issues you've been having please and we'll be able to help

Nop work Not..how i say the last 4 weeks was everything fine..but After Update work nothing..Downgrade to the last Firmware.. same issue..the last 10 times with the setup Assistent he scanned my Internet corrret with 47 down 9.4 Up..but After 2.2.1.10 13 down 1 up and 40ms (befor 20ms). I resetet my Router zur Last 12 Hours more as 10x..

Ps: sry for my english + German Auto correcture on my Phone ;)

Edit: and yes disabled qqs..unpluged every device/ aa 100% /aa never and deletet every device on device manager x reboots