Random disconnects with wired connection

Just to double check, is everyone having this issue using an Xbox One and likely with instant-on enabled?

I set both my Xbox One consoles to energy saving and this is one of the first times I've come on the next day to have a stable connection. 

Just to double check, is everyone having this issue using an Xbox One and likely with instant-on enabled?

I set both my Xbox One consoles to energy saving and this is one of the first times I've come on the next day to have a stable connection. 

I set my Xbox One to Energy Saving from Instant-On and it seems to have 'fixed' the issue. 

All reports i see different flavors of xboxones having that issue when during hibernation(instant-on) xboxone would kill netgear router. We found mitigations, but it would be nice to fix XR500 so it is resistant to killing attempts.

Guys, are you going to install debugging firmware, I might need help to repro this issue. There is no impact to gaming performance nor I do not see difference in memory consumption and CPU usage, throughputs are the same, but the bad thing is I cannot repro the issue. :).

All reports i see different flavors of xboxones having that issue when during hibernation(instant-on) xboxone would kill netgear router. We found mitigations, but it would be nice to fix XR500 so it is resistant to killing attempts.

Guys, are you going to install debugging firmware, I might need help to repro this issue. There is no impact to gaming performance nor I do not see difference in memory consumption and CPU usage, throughputs are the same, but the bad thing is I cannot repro the issue. :).

Yeah this "fixes" the issue but not the underlying issue. This NEEDS to be fixed entirely because I could quite happily use my Netduma R1 with hibernation and not have this issue. 

I think Netgear need to communicate with Xbox or honestly compare their structure to something which doesn't have this issue because it's certainly preventative. 

The strange thing is.... and i do not know how, but "debug" firmware, makes router stable in my case. I am running firmware for almost 2 days, with good results.

Is this with instant-on enabled?

System Up Time: 02:09:10:26

Do not know what to think  :), probably in 3-4 days will declare that debugging firmware fixed the issue, i would afraid to switch to official netgear firmware, though :)

welcome to the disconnect club :)  We have all been hard at it to figure out this bug and have all put out good information in these posts just look over it and see what works for you. I would be curious if you have the correct time zone set on your router?

i set the correct time after the first "wired connection loss" but the problem still occurs

I've sent you the debug firmware and the instructions via PM to follow in order to help us gather information so we can fix the issue.

installing the debug firmware and will keep you posted if the problem happens again

Thank you Kripptik.

You can monitor disconnects/reconnects of the xbox via system->monitoring->statistics. Statistics will give you stats for all ports, and uptime on each port.

the port xbox connected to, might have recycles every 1-2min; that is with instant-on enabled, please do not disable instant-on while testing :)

If it does turn out that the debugging firmware fixes it then there may be something to it and will let the Dev team know, I think its probably a coincedence

I do not know what to think, access point does not fail, xbox games run good, we have variety of traffic patterns, that includes phone system, expanded security system, appliances, camera and chimes, corporate VPNs, I do not have any reports from home about internet.

My understanding was based on the theory that xbox kills XR500 with frequent port reset and changing the 10/full to 1000/full and back.

The mitigations for that test case were instant-on disable or install additional switch between xbox and xr500, any of the mitigations removed abuse.

What I do not understand is why all the sadden xr500 take abuse well, and I tested it more then ever :)

this variables potentially could play a role:

-  firmware has drivers or components which unintentionally make XR500 resistant (we need reports from a few more members, my case could be one off)

-  firmware installation process was different and maybe during factory firmware update not all components were installed, and this time reinstallation fixed it. (I did not do factory reset as well)

-  I do not remember if I connected cable to different port on the XR500 (that should not play the role, but still variable)

So Achilles, the Xbox issue you think is related to the going down of wired internet completely is that right?

I want to say it's the direct cause. Everyone here is using an Xbox One and has or was running it with Instant-On. 

Most of my disconnects have occurred whilst I was away or asleep etc which would typically mean my Xbox is hibernating and periodically running system checks. 

I switched both Xbox consoles to Energy Saving and I've been online with zero disconnects for over 48 hours. Before then, I was having 1-2 disconnects per day minimum. 

I've emailed you guys my latest log where it disconnected whilst I was on the desktop so maybe that will help. That was maybe an hour or so after I turned my Xbox off which would mean it was likely checking for updates etc.

I spoke to an Xbox Engineer a while ago regarding a different issue. Very nice guy and went out of his way to help me resolve the issue I had at the time. 

I just messaged him and gave him a quick rundown to see if he has any suggestions or input on the matter. 

Will keep you guys posted. 

I spoke to an Xbox Engineer a while ago regarding a different issue. Very nice guy and went out of his way to help me resolve the issue I had at the time. 

I just messaged him and gave him a quick rundown to see if he has any suggestions or input on the matter. 

Will keep you guys posted. 

Instant-on testing... was it done with new(debug) or old firmware?

I still haven't had the issue with my xbox in almost a week now i'm pretty sure its resolved with there beta software update or the factory reset did it

Is this with Instant-On enabled for your Xbox One? If so, I'll test it myself and report back. 

Interesting thanks for the feedback guys, looks like we may be narrowing down on the issue!

30 mins ago my XR500 lost total internet connection and had to be rebooted, I am not running debug firmware!

30 mins ago my XR500 lost total internet connection and had to be rebooted, I am not running debug firmware!

Do you have instant-on enabled? if so you can try to see Ethernet port state. settings->monitoring->statistics; instant-on: While xbox hibernates you will see Ethernet port xbox connected to - to be reset, duplex will change as well re-cycle happens every 1-2min. if that is the case I would recommend to disable instant-on.

...unless you have debugging firmware :)