My best settings at the moment

That looks spot on 70%, 30% headroom to stop local congestion, no need to throttle idle bandwidth as it is just that idle, not in use.

Your game seems more smoothest on 30%?

MTU 1500 ?

What ISP you with...? 

Are your login settings PPPoE ?  - i ask because usually PPPoE is 1492 MTU.... (mine is and an MTU test tells me this is the optimal setting - but this may differ on your setup)

MTU 1500 ?

What ISP you with...? 

Are your login settings PPPoE ?  - i ask because usually PPPoE is 1492 MTU.... (mine is and an MTU test tells me this is the optimal setting - but this may differ on your setup)

It's a french ISP: Numéricable.

It's a 100/10 cable connection.

Your game seems more smoothest on 30%?

No.

30% headroom which equals 70% bandwidth which only makes a difference if my/anybody's line is being saturated :)

You realize you are promoting a less secure NAT firewall in this post?

No.

30% headroom which equals 70% bandwidth which only makes a difference if my/anybody's line is being saturated :)

You realize you are promoting a less secure NAT firewall in this post?

I see.

I've read that the secured nat filtering can have an impact on online games: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nat-Filtering-Sip-Alg-R7000/td-p/1099701

I see.

I've read that the secured nat filtering can have an impact on online games: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nat-Filtering-Sip-Alg-R7000/td-p/1099701

There should be no impact on gaming as it is solicited traffic, so turning off NAT filtering should not be recommended.

There should be no impact on gaming as it is solicited traffic, so turning off NAT filtering should not be recommended.

I used it off all the time I had R7800 with no problems ,however I see your point as this make the door open a bit

I used it off all the time I had R7800 with no problems ,however I see your point as this make the door open a bit

The gaming packets will not need to be filtered as they are solicited so no impact, you may be getting port scanned at the same time, the filtering would pick this up and stop it using very little processing time.

I know what setting I would choose chaps.

The gaming packets will not need to be filtered as they are solicited so no impact, you may be getting port scanned at the same time, the filtering would pick this up and stop it using very little processing time.

I know what setting I would choose chaps.

Exactly ,it does not make a difference in MP as I’ve tried it,that’s the door shut again.

Tonight, i've changed some parameters to see how it works:

1521801795-1.png

I've also changed my mtu on the PS4 from 1500 to 1473.

Destiny 2 is so smooth in PVP right now: hit registration and movement speed have increased.

hi chive how did you find 1473 in mtu? i think the console manages the mtu differently than a pc when i am testing on tcp optimizer or cmd of windows i get 1500 but on ps4 it must be really different i am someone hatianfrommars who puts his mtu at 1400 many say it's a placebo effect but I'm not so sure because the gameplay is really different

hi chive how did you find 1473 in mtu? i think the console manages the mtu differently than a pc when i am testing on tcp optimizer or cmd of windows i get 1500 but on ps4 it must be really different i am someone hatianfrommars who puts his mtu at 1400 many say it's a placebo effect but I'm not so sure because the gameplay is really different

I get 1500 MTU too but it doesn't work.

I can see a real benefit in game with 1473, it's not a placebo effect.

• 4 weeks later...

I disable everything that I am not using, even logs that I do not think are needed.  I also disable DDOS protection since I heard that slows the router down.

As for NAT filtering, from my research, I could never find a definite answer on what NAT filtering is googling it but I buddy gave me a good answer. 

I thought at first it was your firewall but I do not think it is.

My buddy gave me the most information on NAT filtering and I believe he is accurate:

Here is what he said it does:

"NAT Filter changes the kind of NAT method the router uses. There are 3 and it's all how the method is used and the IPTables that get implemented with it. FULL CONE NAT is safe however considered by some router MFrs as not as secure as Port Address Retricted or Symmetric NAT. I don't honestly know how all these exactly work, however, NAT is just the translation of your ISP Public IP address WAN side of the router thru the router to the Private IP address on the LAN side of the router. This process is what the Mfrs are using the get traffic across the router from the LAN side to the WAN side. Thus there are these different NAT methods. FULL Cone which is older and not as considered safe by some router Mfrs as Port Address Restricted or Symmetric NAT."

I get 1500 MTU too but it doesn't work.

I can see a real benefit in game with 1473, it's not a placebo effect.

In both router and console?

Do you enable all devices in Traffic Prioritization or just select the console you are using like PS4?