Getting an A but not an A+ on DSLReports?

• Administrators

https://share.pingplotter.com/G2zuqJQ3kUythat is with 60% on both 2 4k videos watching and streaming to a PRIVATE stream on youtube via the PC and gaming on the ps4 and listening to Spotify

That's great, looks like it's heading in the right direction, try a little bit lower and see how it goes.

https://share.pingplotter.com/G2zuqJQ3kUythat is with 60% on both 2 4k videos watching and streaming to a PRIVATE stream on youtube via the PC and gaming on the ps4 and listening to Spotify

FYI - That hop 4, is what I am getting on BT Infinity also. I've got the unlimited version of pingplotter at the moment, and have switched it from ping (incase the BT entry point was ignoring pings) and switch to TCP, and I still get it. Was thinking maybe cable from modem to wall socket; but now looking at yours, I am thinking this a BT typical issue. Would love to know other BT Infinity user experiences and thoughts.

FYI - That hop 4, is what I am getting on BT Infinity also. I've got the unlimited version of pingplotter at the moment, and have switched it from ping (incase the BT entry point was ignoring pings) and switch to TCP, and I still get it. Was thinking maybe cable from modem to wall socket; but now looking at yours, I am thinking this a BT typical issue. Would love to know other BT Infinity user experiences and thoughts.

i get the exact same thing 

hi sim

that's why i asked you on twitter about different modem/router as i thought it could be the homehub 6? as i have all new ethernet cables 6e and they are all less than 1 metre in length. with a new face plate on the wall to.

thats the sliders both set at 58% with all my streaming gear running and watching 2 4k movies and a 1080 60FPS stream and uploading 1080p 60fps to youtube. i cant cant any better than this. i have set my radius to 300 miles due to me not wanting to connect to the swiss servers as they are all over the place

• Administrators

Ahh that's understandable then. That's a fantastic ping! Great to hear you've now found the perfect settings for you.

Just for anyone else following the topic, 70% is a guideline but we do encourage you to experiment to find what works for your connection!

Ok, I have done 2 PP tests, 1 with R1 and ! with XR500. Both have 1 spike during a game which i think is to be expected unless I am corrected, otherwise they are identical as I have been stating all along......however.......2 things have changed....1.....I thought XR500 auto prioritized my gaming packets but zennon told me to disable classified games and create 1 just for my xbox (in a pic and the other is I changed firmware to 2.1.0.4 instead of running the hotfix since I have had on the XR500 since I first got it.......now I am getting proper hit detection like I was getting on the R1.

9CogVROl.jpg OxpGZ0Ol.png

RlufaK1l.jpg

• Administrators

Auto & manual Traffic Prio will be the same but glad that you've found a solution to what you were facing. The one I gave you won't be public as we are actually going past that in firmware so I'd encourage you to try that out when it is available

Big Dog, is that still putting your xr500 behind the r1 or did you find another fix? curious as im struggling to get mine on that sweet spot

No mate, I am now R1 free. If you are relying on the dsl reports results then don't as they are flawed as fraser explained why earlier!  My problem was solved as I had misunderstood about the DPI and also traffic priority and how to set it up as I presumed it was done automatically and it does not exactly!!!!! are you using ps4 or xbox?

click qos, then go to traffic prioritization and untick dumaOS classified games........................then click add device, xbox, games console and then apply........same but select ps4 for ps4 console. That should prioritize that device above anything else.

Kf8g75Nl.png

That would be a good idea as to be honest the bufferbloat is absolutely useless for me on the XR500. I went 2 - 40 last night in sim's stream. No matter what I did I could not kill anything all evening but as soon as I disabled anti-bufferbloat and put my LEDE router in front of the XR500 to control bufferbloat instead, my bullets were on point. Not really impressed in having to set up my network this way, but I am hoping DPI will have a disable option in a future update.

That annihilation game had nothing to do with bufferbloat mate.

I had about 40 deaths in that same game with you, the highest I've ever experienced in any game of CoD in 10 years. Playing against Benormous is a good way to seriously damage your KD.

But with the exact same settings, only 30 mins earlier, Mr Relentless, Benormous and I, all scored about 25-2.

And the games after that absolute destruction were in the 'normal' range of scoring too.

That annihilation game had nothing to do with bufferbloat mate.

I had about 40 deaths in that same game with you, the highest I've ever experienced in any game of CoD in 10 years. Playing against Benormous is a good way to seriously damage your KD.

But with the exact same settings, only 30 mins earlier, Mr Relentless, Benormous and I, all scored about 25-2.

And the games after that absolute destruction were in the 'normal' range of scoring too.

No bud it wasnt just that game, I know black ops 2 don't play too smooth and theres loads of hackers in it. I was on about EVERY game black ops 1, 2, 3, WW2 any game.......ias an example i was aiming through a doorway as i knew someone was approaching  as he came in i fired he still managed to run up to me and knife me and kill me from across the room. for 12 days i was negative on every game I played where as without xr500 I was posative........now I am back to posative again. It is hard to explain unless you actually played from my prospective as it was constant across both consoles i have too. but it has been great since zennons help yesterday!

Hi Big Dog, when I click add device, xbox, games console and then apply........same but select ps4 for ps4 console. I click my PlayStation 4 but the service says Xbox. How do I change that to Sony or PlayStation? It’s not giving me and option and what does “DPI” mean?

• Administrators

Hi Big Dog, when I click add device, xbox, games console and then apply........same but select ps4 for ps4 console. I click my PlayStation 4 but the service says Xbox. How do I change that to Sony or PlayStation? It’s not giving me and option and what does “DPI” mean?

Don't worry about that, it's just a typo. It will prioritise your PS4 just the same. DPI means deep packet inspection. It analyses the packets to determine what it is e.g. a console