My xbox one NAT = Moderate, COD AW = Moderate

NNinja

I just saw the part where you got a different modem. I really think the netgear should work. Probably need to hard boot the xbox (hold power button down on the unit until it turns off) to complete it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think the LAN setup need to change too and my ip on that is different

I think you need to prioritize port one in your netgear and then do the other things. This is how I run it and I had to fix all those things in order to get 100%. Modem-router-netduma-system

• Administrators

Hi Ninja, make sure its the WAN IP on the netduma that you put in the DMZ. Also have the Geo-Filter off please. Finally I assume you have automatic settings on your console right? 

hi,,,

i think you talk to your ISP,,,,ask for static ip and tell to open ports :rolleyes:

bcoz here in INDIA this worked

my friendz getting moderate or strict NAT ,,, i asked my isp what is the solution not them ISP bcoz my ISP is my good friend lolzz :D

he said take static ip and tell to open ports its good if u know the ports bcoz some ISP blocked ports for security reasons ,,,

and my all friend who have STATIC IP geting OPEN NAT,,,, no dmz no PORT FORWARDING

hope this worked for you... :)  :)  

• Administrators

I don't think that is relevant mate. I'm really not sure why this isn't working, I think cranium had same issue with netgear. Hopefully he can assist or I'll arrange Fraser to set it up for you next week if you don't mind. 

That is on LAN setup and my xbone show moderate, cod aw moderate too

I assume you did the other steps I suggested? Have you called Microsoft to have them forward your Netgear yet? Prioritized port one on the netgear, plugged the duma into port one and triple check the mac address? Let me know.

Add me on xbox and if I see you on and can I'll party chat with you and we can figure it out.

cranium2001 is my GT.

• Netduma Staff

I spent a while in chat with NNinja trying to figure this out but had no luck. I've seen Cranium's post above we didn't try that which may be the issue but below is what we tried and what happened.

I should add that before testing for NAT we always restarted the Netduma, Nighthawk and Console. GeoFilter was always disabled.

Netduma in the DMZ - NAT Moderate

Netduma connected directly to the modem without the Nighthawk - no internet connection through Netduma.

UPnP enabled in both with UPnP forwarding - only one port was showing up as being forwarded which was 3074 UDP. No others came up and the NAT was still moderate. This port also showed up on the Nighthawk UPnP.

Port forwarding all ports (1024-25565 both TCP and UDP) - NAT still moderate and it took a while to do this because one of the ports in this range was being used by another application so couldn't do the full range. Had to use trial and error which took ages but narrowed it down and the post that was being used was 12974. Anyway, this still gave a moderate NAT and only one entry (the one I mentioned above) in the UPnP.

We tried all the above in different combinations. We changed the NAT from Secure to Open but this still have a moderate NAT. We factory reset both routers.

Nothing worked - it was always a Moderate NAT.

Hopefully what Cranium suggested works. I don't think the ports were being opened to the Netduma because I was using a way to check it and it was showing it as not open (Iain probably knows what I mean).

But yeah, nothing worked lol. Probably an issue with the Nighthawk or I was missing something REALLY obvious.

I assume you did the other steps I suggested? Have you called Microsoft to have them forward your Netgear yet? Prioritized port one on the netgear, plugged the duma into port one and triple check the mac address? Let me know. 

How i forward to MS

How i forward to MS

Surprisingly pleasant(MS). Also look up what to do on these forums if you factory reset. I don't remember exactly what it does, but it really screws things up a bit. You may be running an "old" version nkw because you reset your duma. I really believe the mac address has much to do with it as well. It's been my Achilles heel.

• Administrators

Thanks Crossy & Cranium. Sounds like the netgear isn't working?

I wonder why you couldn't connect directly to the modem? Was the netgear supplied by the ISP? 

Thanks Crossy & Cranium. Sounds like the netgear isn't working?

I wonder why you couldn't connect directly to the modem? Was the netgear supplied by the ISP?

I'd be willing to bet it wasn't but what do I know? This one has me stumped.

• Netduma Staff

It's a nighthawk so I doubt the ISP would supply a nighthawk. I definitely think it is something dodgy with the Netgear as not all ports were being forwarded to the Netduma. I have no idea why it wouldn't connect with the modem though - perhaps something to do with PPoE maybe.

It's a nighthawk so I doubt the ISP would supply a nighthawk. I definitely think it is something dodgy with the Netgear as not all ports were being forwarded to the Netduma. I have no idea why it wouldn't connect with the modem though - perhaps something to do with PPoE maybe.

I assume you ran him through resetting up his duma with the correct version?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived