Major Announcement: Netduma partner with NETGEAR to launch the Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router

Netduma Iain

Damn that april release is a big Ouch. I really am pround of the growth yall have had. By the time april comes i can have this new Netgear router in my hands.

That's there plan, Netduma just going to turn into a software company so the upgrade to the Nighthawk would be better. Cold heart truth

Reading through these comment's and I have to wonder about the intelligence of some gamer's out there. Netgear will have forced their hand to not release the R1 version at the same time as the Netgear version so it does not affect Netgears sales that is obvious. "Should we please some of our early adopters by not partnering with Netgear and give them it first and loose a big deal that will make the company grow, oh go on then". GTFO.

Congratulations Netduma.

let me correct you but I do not think that Launch dumaOS on both platforms will affect the sales of the new Netgear.

that the two systems come together does not take away any sale since they are two different routers, the one that wants to change the router to obtain for example wifi AC will do it in the same way for R1 or not. And with respect to the new users, it would not affect either, because clearly people would undoubtedly opt for the Netgear, being more powerful than the R1 in several aspects.

It is logical that they seek to associate with large people to expand their business. No one says otherwise, but they should never forget those who made them take off because they are the ones who once made them come here and now associate with these people.

Throughout all this time I have been using netduma I have never had a single word or a bad word for the netduma team but on the contrary I have always supported them even though they have delayed the launch date several times and I have always said that if they do, their reasons would have and it was better to wait and have better software. Everyone is free to express their feelings in a post or frustration or disappointment and you do not have to come to reproach anyone what you write sincerely I think your post is uneducated and you have to question anyone's intelligence here we are to talk and debate and not to create controversies or write offensive or vulgar post that may cause offense to other users.

greetings and good morning.

Yea it does suck for the loyal customers and early adopters, sadly. I bought this router a year and a half ago. It just sucks how now us "the loyal customers" have to wait until April. Im highly disappointed but i also know that i won't wait for April to get my hands on the new DumaOs. This is good and bad news at the same time.

I believe this is what was needed to boost this company's profile, Netduma have produced an excellent operating system which was held back by the hardware and this can only help improve the company. I don`t see how this offends some people,this is a business and should now take it to a higher level, I wish them full success, I stopped using my Duma some time ago due to the hardware,typically I have not long purchased the ROG rapture,look forward to seeing the reviews of the XR500.

Good luck

And again no response back from the devs ...

Let me ask a stupid questions ??

1. what about the loyal costumers that was early adorers since first month ????
will they get any discount code for the new router ????  

2. what will be the main differences on software for R1 and netgear ??

3. Does it worth to spend 300usd for a router the basically dont works on game like COD WWII ?? like the previous software, if the game dont have P2P gaming what the new rooter suppose to do, in order to worth 300usd ???

4. I really can say that i was one of the early adopters that am disappointing of the existing software, as if you was not close to servers, you was lagging like shit .. so whats the point of upgrade ???

and last think

THANK you 

duma for all lies for the last 1,5 year  

you could announce the partnership and protect your costumers that bought a crab router the time who can buy a netgear !!! 

And again no response back from the devs ...

Let me ask a stupid questions ??

1. what about the loyal costumers that was early adorers since first month ????

will they get any discount code for the new router ????  

2. what will be the main differences on software for R1 and netgear ??

3. Does it worth to spend 300usd for a router the basically dont works on game like COD WWII ?? like the previous software, if the game dont have P2P gaming what the new rooter suppose to do, in order to worth 300usd ???

4. I really can say that i was one of the early adopters that am disappointing of the existing software, as if you was not close to servers, you was lagging like shit .. so whats the point of upgrade ???

and last think

THANK you 

duma for all lies for the last 1,5 year  

you could announce the partnership and protect your costumers that bought a crab router the time who can buy a netgear !!! 

Pull your head out, clearly you do not understand a business, I was an early adopter from two months of the r1 , how about you but one off amazon then if its no good send it back or if it is sell the R1 and have a future proofed router 

Pull your head out, clearly you do not understand a business, I was an early adopter from two months of the r1 , how about you but one off amazon then if its no good send it back or if it is sell the R1 and have a future proofed router 

i just check the price

in order to buy it from amazon as i am from Cyprus

i need to pay around 400usd including shipping and import !!

offer me a European stock available !!

also i asked for a coupon on early adopters, i dont think that will kill the business !!!   

Like others here I'm a little bummed that DumaOS is going to first be offered thru Netgear but it's understandable that they did this move. It's the best way to get the DumaOS on more products.

I would not be surprised if it wasn't Netgear who approached Netduma first. Linksys came out with the Linksys WRT32X with the "Killer Engine" and we all know Netgear and Linksys are always going back and forth. So Netgear needed to compete and bam...the NightHawk XR500 came to be.

In any case I am interested in finding out how the VPN will work on the XR500. I love my R1 router but the only thing that was a let down was the VPN speed that it can offer. Due to the R1's CPU any VPN connection could only sustain speeds around 10MB. I was always interested in perhaps avoiding DDOS attacks in Destiny (for Trials) by using the R1's VPN capabilities but running at 10MB's wont do (come to think of it, even at high speeds it might not be recommended to use a VPN connection for something like Destiny trials). Not sure if anyone has tried it with success.

Does anyone here think that the Netgear XR500 would be able to sustain VPN connections close to 100MB's? I know that I can enable a VPN connection on my computer using the VPN software to get thoses speeds but not thru the R1 router. Dual 1.7 Ghz CPU sounds like enough but I don't know enough so if any of you early adopters can report back it would be greatly appreciated.

One more quick observation...$300 sound a little high for the Netgear XR500. I just looked at the specs for the Linksys WRT32X and it comes with a dual 1.8 Ghz CPU for $249 on Amazon but I don't know enough about the "Killer Engine". I Love NetDuma and want to stay loyal but just like they choose a path for their business model and new DumaOs we as consumers have to choose where to best spend our hard earned cash. 

i just check the price

in order to buy it from amazon as i am from Cyprus

i need to pay around 400usd including shipping and import !!

offer me a European stock available !!

also i asked for a coupon on early adopters, i dont think that will kill the business !!!   

I to am in the EU, I`m sure it will be available at some stage in the near future, I currently use Asus Rog rapture so XR500 needs to be good,however I am a great fan of DumaOS so that could sway me back 

Like others here I'm a little bummed that DumaOS is going to first be offered thru Netgear but it's understandable that they did this move. It's the best way to get the DumaOS on more products.

I would not be surprised if it wasn't Netgear who approached Netduma first. Linksys came out with the Linksys WRT32X with the "Killer Engine" and we all know Netgear and Linksys are always going back and forth. So Netgear needed to compete and bam...the NightHawk XR500 came to be.

In any case I am interested in finding out how the VPN will work on the XR500. I love my R1 router but the only thing that was a let down was the VPN speed that it can offer. Due to the R1's CPU any VPN connection could only sustain speeds around 10MB. I was always interested in perhaps avoiding DDOS attacks in Destiny (for Trials) by using the R1's VPN capabilities but running at 10MB's wont do (come to think of it, even at high speeds it might not be recommended to use a VPN connection for something like Destiny trials). Not sure if anyone has tried it with success.

Does anyone here think that the Netgear XR500 would be able to sustain VPN connections close to 100MB's? I know that I can enable a VPN connection on my computer using the VPN software to get thoses speeds but not thru the R1 router. Dual 1.7 Ghz CPU sounds like enough but I don't know enough so if any of you early adopters can report back it would be greatly appreciated.

One more quick observation...$300 sound a little high for the Netgear XR500. I just looked at the specs for the Linksys WRT32X and it comes with a dual 1.8 Ghz CPU for $249 on Amazon but I don't know enough about the "Killer Engine". I Love NetDuma and want to stay loyal but just like they choose a path for their business model and new DumaOs we as consumers have to choose where to best spend our hard earned cash. 

I would wait on reviews for it ,I`m sure the DumaOS will work well with Netgear ,with regards to the Killer engine you would need a pc with it installed to take advantage of what the WRT can fully achieve, not available on consoles,there is lots of info on google 

At CES today, NETGEAR announced the XR500 Gaming Router, powered by DumaOS. You can read more about this new router here. It is the latest router in the very successful Nighthawk range and is the first router to launch with our hotly anticipated new Operating System, DumaOS.

Our plan is to now use this big step forward to grow our team and to make lots of great new features for you guys at a rapid pace. Our partnership with NETGEAR has also allowed us to make DumaOS a really rock solid platform and we have a lot of exciting features in our pipeline which just like before, will be driven by your feedback.

The good news is we can now give a launch date for DumaOS on the Netduma R1. It will be 17 April 2018 and as promised before, it will be a FREE upgrade for all users. 

If you would like to read more about DumaOS then see our new website explaining the main features and the overall concept: www.DumaOS.com

Thank you for your support and we are really excited about 2018. 

The Netduma Team  

Will this have the anti-jitter feature for the DumaOs upgrade we were promised also?? 

why isnt this available in the UK yet?? been searching but cant find anyone who has them in stock :(

that is because the states gets 1st dibs on it by the looks of it. Not us UK users, oh no, not us! But if netduma's hands are tied with t's n c's enforced by netgear than that may be why. Still sucks with netduma being a UK company.

a pissed off B.D

I can understand people are frustrated that they now have to wait longer for the Duma OS. Personally speaking I don't think a few more months is going hurt :)

I think that people are expecting to much from a new operating system, as no router/modem can fix your ISP if it's a shit/jittery connection as well as all the other variables that go into gaming.

If your are just expecting a more user friendly bug free OS then you will probably be delighted :) if you can't wait till April buy the Netgear lol ;)

Is this one still going to require me to mess around with settings all the time to make it work? Need to know before I order.

Couldn't wait ten minutes for a answer, so I ordered it. I'll find out Thursday.

When you get the router can you let us know about the Duma is and performance?

That's there plan, Netduma just going to turn into a software company so the upgrade to the Nighthawk would be better. Cold heart truth

Netduma IS a software company, they created firmware for a specific router.

There is likely a clause in the contract between netgear and netduma regarding launch and where. Just a shame it is not a simultaneous launch......oh well, it is what it is!

B.D

How come you can buy it in th USA but no sign of any sellers in the UK.
Anyone from Netduma care to reply.