Dizzy702

slow download speed

Hello, I was instructed by Fraser to request a 1 on 1.

I am having issues with download speed and congestion control.

Please let me know when a good time to set up support will be good.

Thank you,

Rob

IPV6 is disabled in Lan and Wan and Misc, I set the bandwidth at 250 down and 30 up. Using only the modem I get 280 down as of a couple of minutes ago and 38 up.

sliders are at 100%, however it does not change much where they are. 

sliders at 100% speed is 42 down and 29 up

sliders at 20% speed at 38 down and 22 up

the download changes very litte and it does not matter what I change. After any change I made I am hitting update change for both up and down and rebooting router. It still has very little change. 

I have tried the non gaming profile which changes the sliders to 100%, adds super turbo with other stuff and it still does nothing.

Also the tests I am running are hardwired.

I apologize if it appears that I’m hijacking your post Dizzy702 but it seems like we’re both in the same boat.

I had to take my NetDuma out of my network due to the extremely slow speeds I was getting using it, the internet speed I pay for and get without the NetDuma is 130mb down and 5mb up through Spectrum Internet.

When the NetDuma is connected in this sequence; Arris 6190 cable modem> NetDuma> Netgear R7800 as an access point for the wireless, I get 12mb down and 0.06mb up, this is a small fraction of the bandwidth I pay for, and this is with a wired connection to the NetDuma.

I have followed the guides trying to get the NetDuma to work as advertised but have experienced total and utter frustration.

I’ve had Spectrum tech’s at my house to go through the cabling form the pole, to the house, to the modem thinking the slow speed were due to something on their side, I even replaced the modem with a new one, alas after connecting directly to the modem the speeds shot back up to 130/5mb, and I’m $$ out of pocket for the service call.

I had great expatiations and high hopes when I got my NetDuma, but now have reservations.

So any help sorting this out would be so appreciated.

I apologize if it appears that I’m hijacking your post Dizzy702 but it seems like we’re both in the same boat.

I had to take my NetDuma out of my network due to the extremely slow speeds I was getting using it, the internet speed I pay for and get without the NetDuma is 130mb down and 5mb up through Spectrum Internet.

When the NetDuma is connected in this sequence; Arris 6190 cable modem> NetDuma> Netgear R7800 as an access point for the wireless, I get 12mb down and 0.06mb up, this is a small fraction of the bandwidth I pay for, and this is with a wired connection to the NetDuma.

I have followed the guides trying to get the NetDuma to work as advertised but have experienced total and utter frustration.

I’ve had Spectrum tech’s at my house to go through the cabling form the pole, to the house, to the modem thinking the slow speed were due to something on their side, I even replaced the modem with a new one, alas after connecting directly to the modem the speeds shot back up to 130/5mb, and I’m $$ out of pocket for the service call.

I had great expatiations and high hopes when I got my NetDuma, but now have reservations.

@mark could you post in general support please? This is the 1 On 1 section, it’s only to be used if requested by Netduma staff.

As PollutionBlues suggested above, please make a new post in General Support and copy your message into there. We'll support you further there since this isn't the correct section for support.

I am sorry this took so long to respond. My computer crashed on me and had to wait until pay day to get another one. Let me know if we can set up a time next Monday, January 22.

Thank you

Rob

I am sorry this took so long to respond. My computer crashed on me and had to wait until pay day to get another one. Let me know if we can set up a time next Monday, January 22.

Thank you

Rob

Hi Rob, that's no problem. Fraser is currently away on business, though he'll be back over this weekend. I'm not sure if he'll be able to make it for Monday or not, so if you could provide any more dates (and times in GMT) then we'll get you booked in when Fraser returns.

Any Monday and Tuesday's are sadly my only available days. Afternoon would definitely be better for me but let me know the date and time and I will be there.

Thank you,

Rob