jujuthedon

My netduma is broken

I have had my netduma for 2 years now. I have never had this problem im having now until now. Basically i am only getting 20-30 down when i have 300. I have unplugged the netduma and just tested the modem and i get 375 down so i have confirmed the netduma is the problem. I ahve factory reset  it and tried everything i could at this point so i need help past this point to fix it if possible.

1. What firmware version are you on? 1.03.6 

What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? 30-40 down area when I am suppose to have 300.

What is your current setup? ISP modem Arris TM1602 and my netduma. All wired with cat 7 cables.

What is your specific issue? I have had my netduma for 2 years now. I have never had this problem im having now until now. Basically i am only getting 20-30 down when i have 300.

Any other information.  I have unplugged the netduma and just tested the modem and i get 375 down so i have confirmed the netduma is the problem. I have factory reset  it and tried everything i could at this point so i need help past this point to fix it if possible.

1. What firmware version are you on? 1.03.6 
  2. What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? 30-40 down area when I am suppose to have 300.
  3. What is your current setup? ISP modem Arris TM1602 and my netduma. All wired with cat 7 cables.
  4. What is your specific issue? I have had my netduma for 2 years now. I have never had this problem im having now until now. Basically i am only getting 20-30 down when i have 300.
  5. Any other information.  I have unplugged the netduma and just tested the modem and i get 375 down so i have confirmed the netduma is the problem. I have factory reset  it and tried everything i could at this point so i need help past this point to fix it if possible.

Did you just get that modem?

Yes I had them come out yesterday to see if they could fix the problem. They determined that it was the router.

Your ISP will always blame everything else, except their own equipment...

Your modem uses the Intel Puma 6 chipset which is literally broken and under a class action lawsuit. That's the problem.

My previous modem netgear cm400 had the same issue for the last week. I tried the modem separate also and it still had the same issue and the was my own modem not isp.

Do you have another router to test? I had the same issue. Turns out it was the Netduma. However, I believe two years may be outside of the warranty, so you may be hosed there. 

I would suggest to ensure everything is set up correctly. Maybe do a 1-1 or team viewer. 

Mod Box took a look at mine and did improve the speeds, but they were still all over the place. Replaced the Netduma under warranty and now I am getting full speeds without issue. 

Here are my threads if you want to take a look:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/21701-i-believe-my-netduma-is-a-lemon-dog-slow-speeds

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/21770-my-netduma-is-a-lemon

Seems to be a rare problem among Netduma users.