New to netduma help required

graeme

Just started using netduma. Not sure if iv setup correct . Followed instruction to the letter.

When i first set up first game (cod) brill . But then connection up and down dropped . Cannot get back . Any ideas

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

Are you referring to speeds? If so: 

• Reactive Algorithm if above ~60mbps otherwise use preemptive
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode if above ~120mbps
  • Enable super turbo mode if above ~ 300mbps (turbo has to also be enabled)
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

If you're referring to ping what is your average ping as shown by the Geo-filter?

Tried aĺl that been on phone to sky .when using netduma my download is 13 and ipload 5. Without download 40 upload 10.5 .

I have i just wasted £150 . or i have done something wrong. Iv done my own speed test and sky is correct . Didnt tell sky about netduma.

Im going to get xbox check out tomake sure its not that . Find out this weekend . Thanks for help

On xbox and laptop figures are very close wether wifi or hard wired download 36 to 40 upload 9 to 10.

But when playing cod one minuete brill next shooting people first but nothing. Sky think its my router so im getting one this friday off them . I will find out friday i guess. The onlt time i next good broadband is on xbox . Sky say my line is stable so its either routher or xbox . Hope its the router

• 1 month later...

just returned from my hols, still having problems with netduma, I would really appreciate a 1 to 1, just let me know when its convenient for you.

I work shifts. so ideally for me would be sunday morning.

I go to work from 2:30 all this week.

next week night shift so I sleep till 3pm.

Thanks

• Administrators

Have you made sure all the correct settings have been applied? You don't have very high speeds and should therefore easily be able to achieve those speeds through a wired PC with even basic settings on the R1.

• Administrators

My apologies I had it as 3pm in my calendar for some reason. If you're available now I can do it. 

Also I am doing this in my free time because you had no other time available during my office hours - think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else willing to do that but it is my fault I missed the time.

• Administrators

Okay so it looks like you're capable of getting the full speeds, that's not what concerns me. It's the fluctuations in speed although minor but the ping fluctuations are huge. 

I would first replace the ethernet cable between the Sky hub & Netduma. 

For your WiFi I would use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channel and then change to that in the WiFi settings.

I would like you to download Ping Plotter - https://www.pingplotter.com/downloadand run it to Twitter.com directly from the Netduma and then one directly from the Sky hub both wired please.