DumaOS Update - Recent Progress

Awesome. Thank you for the update. I will gladly beta test if you want when there is a US east coast roll out. I have a lot of knowledge in the IT industry (12+ years). Let me know :)

This is amazing guys! cant wait to see Duma OS when it finally comes out to the public! I've been praying my a** off for it to come out already since my COD experiences lately are worse. I gave up on IW and MWR so I'm just waiting for you guys to come out with Duma OS so that everything will be fixed :) Hopefully we will know soon when it will be released, dont need an exact date, but to at least know when to expect it to come out. Thank you for everything you guys do!

Volunteering for beta testing as im in UK have lots of technical skills to test for bugs and can offer comprehensive feedback. Also i am an early adopter.

Now that you say it is stable, can you start posting more pictures and details? Maybe even a YouTube video or something.

A long awaited update on DumaOS

We have made a lot of progress over the past few weeks. The OS is currently being beta tested by more of our UK based users and their feedback has been great. Thanks to their testing we have been able to make the OS very stable. This is a big milestone. DumaOS is such a big undertaking so getting to this point, where we know the firmware is solid, is a very good feeling.

Now we have stability we can shift our focus to usability. This means making things as easy as possible to use and much more 'plug and play' than the current R1 firmware. For example, we have developed an 'Auto Congestion Control' feature, which automatically applies Anti-flood and Hyper Traffic whenever you are gaming (this can be turned off by the more experienced users who prefer to manually configure things).

Once usability is in place we can then widen the beta to more users. So this means we will be expanding the beta pool soon through the Coal Mine. Open Beta should then follow not long afterwards. We've deliberately not given exact dates here - it'll be ready when it's ready!

After usability comes the fun stuff, when we can create many new features that we have in our Development Roadmap. We will continue to roll these out on a regular basis even after DumaOS is fully launched, meaning your router will just keep getting better and better.

Finally we just want to say thank you for all your support and patience. We realise it's frustrating when we don't send out status updates so we're going to make sure we do more to keep you guys in the loop. What we will say is be assured we are working as hard as we can to get DumaOS ready. It's a big step up for our company so we want it out there as much as you do. But only when it's ready!

Thank you for your understanding,

The Netduma Team

• Administrators

We realise it's frustrating when we don't send out status updates so we're going to make sure we do more to keep you guys in the loop. 

Now that you say it is stable, can you start posting more pictures and details? Maybe even a YouTube video or something.

Silence speaks

^

im happy to be a uk beta tester as im always online everyday to test new things. you guys are great. technology is getting harder these days and to what you guys can do is phenominal. like you sed only when its ready. rather have the best OS experiance than a buggy one. keep up the great work!!!! :D :D :D

A long awaited update on DumaOS

We have made a lot of progress over the past few weeks. The OS is currently being beta tested by more of our UK based users and their feedback has been great. Thanks to their testing we have been able to make the OS very stable. This is a big milestone. DumaOS is such a big undertaking so getting to this point, where we know the firmware is solid, is a very good feeling.

Now we have stability we can shift our focus to usability. This means making things as easy as possible to use and much more 'plug and play' than the current R1 firmware. For example, we have developed an 'Auto Congestion Control' feature, which automatically applies Anti-flood and Hyper Traffic whenever you are gaming (this can be turned off by the more experienced users who prefer to manually configure things).

Once usability is in place we can then widen the beta to more users. So this means we will be expanding the beta pool soon through the Coal Mine. Open Beta should then follow not long afterwards. We've deliberately not given exact dates here - it'll be ready when it's ready!

After usability comes the fun stuff, when we can create many new features that we have in our Development Roadmap. We will continue to roll these out on a regular basis even after DumaOS is fully launched, meaning your router will just keep getting better and better.

Finally we just want to say thank you for all your support and patience. We realise it's frustrating when we don't send out status updates so we're going to make sure we do more to keep you guys in the loop. What we will say is be assured we are working as hard as we can to get DumaOS ready. It's a big step up for our company so we want it out there as much as you do. But only when it's ready!

Thank you for your understanding,

The Netduma Team

Nice to see development progress :)

I am new to the R1 but am happy to beta test if you need more, i'm uk based and am online everyday, gaming or doing other things.

Am so happy i got me one of these....

The update needs to come soon as there are better routers out ther right now that are doing a better job.

Like the Ubiquiti EdgeMAX EdgeRouter Lite Gigabit 3 Port Router has better features. Also the congestion control is handled way better.

The geo Filter on the R1 is pretty much useless as it doesnt stop other gamers region hoping servers.

• Administrators

The update needs to come soon as there are better routers out ther right now that are doing a better job.

Like the Ubiquiti EdgeMAX EdgeRouter Lite Gigabit 3 Port Router has better features. Also the congestion control is handled way better.

The geo Filter on the R1 is pretty much useless as it doesnt stop other gamers region hoping servers.

What better features are you referring to? How is the congestion control handled better?

Unless the game is P2P you cannot control how other people connect to the game. Getting you the closest server possible which means you have a lower ping to the server/host is it's purpose and that's what it does. You will always have the advantage as you have the lowest ping.

What better features are you referring to? How is the congestion control handled better?

Unless the game is P2P you cannot control how other people connect to the game. Getting you the closest server possible which means you have a lower ping to the server/host is it's purpose and that's what it does. You will always have the advantage as you have the lowest ping.

This video explains it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6erRRbaiAT0&t=224s

The R1 offers some good things but having a geat ping doe not offer you an advantage as alot of games have lag compesation built it which means the other players has an advantage most of the time this has been proven over and over again in videos on youtube.

Yes the geo filter connects you to the closet server but it also doesnt stop region hoppers from across the pond joining those rooms and again if the play has a bad ping has lag compesation to help him out, as if having a lower ping to the server/host is meant to give me an advantage then why are gamers not dominating others with bad pings?

As having a lower ping is an advantage right? - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sci0n/video/32922129 - As this is with the R1 on???

The geo filter also stops you from joing certain game modes as there are no players in the region you have selected playing that mode, so again the geo filter is a doulbe edge sword.

I am not bashing the R1, I am just saying right now things like the Ubiquiti EdgeMAX EdgeRouter Lite Gigabit 3 Port Router (once set up) handles the congestion and ping from game to game alot better.

As I can use that router without a geo filter and feel the connection to the game is great. The R1 feels like you have to keep chaning the settings from game to game or lobby to lobby.

I do know the DumaOS will take most of these issues out once you have perfected it.

I am not bashing the R1, I am just saying right now things like the Ubiquiti EdgeMAX EdgeRouter Lite Gigabit 3 Port Router (once set up) handles the congestion and ping from game to game alot better.

Until the new erl/erx firmware comes out, you also have to be aware of the UDP issues too. potential out of order udp with multiple cores enabled doesn't sound ideal for udp gaming. check out the ubnt community forums if you want to read about it.

right at the end of your video there are some icons that indicate a problem with the connection, but that does not mean your connection could be theirs.