DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

Wait so this isn't gonna be open beta next month? Are you for real?! I thought that the whole closed select few beta was this month what have you guys been doing then. I thought that the previous timeline stated something different. I was looking forward to February for antispike and antijitter.... And I know I'm not the only one who really needs this....I'm sorry but I'm heavily disappointed now.

Hey Veruca, you will get your golden goose when it is good and ready. For free may I remind you. Millenials, ugh.

Hey Netduma staff, keep up what you're doing. Most companies give NO deadlines, OR even loose timelines to the customer to avoid these childlike criticisms from a small minority of entitled whiners. Thank you for keeping us updated about the organic process of software development. I know it's easier just to say "Stay tuned" or "It's coming soon" as then you can't really be criticized for changing the timeline, but I would argue that the same people would still complain if you went that way too. For the rest of us adults, it's nice to hear what you're working towards, when you're expecting things to happen and just generally keeping us nerds excited about router firmware! Haha.

On that note, how about another screenshot of a new feature or graph or something cool I can salivate over?  :P

Yeah Fraser goes above and beyond in every aspect of his job responsibilities,we've told him before he's to nice but he's really just a hell of a guy.

We might have to start temporarily banning him... ;)

But he's so on the money with what he said, the last time we had a big update they gave a release date and then the testers found some issues with the update it had to be moved back so it would be a working product, and people lost their minds.So much BS on the forum and twitter about it so thanks to those people (and people with that mentality) is the reason no more release dates are given out.

And not to mention if they throw out some half ass finished version on the firmware to the masses and it bricks the router do you know how much money that would cost to ship all those routers back to Netduma HQ,fix or replace and then resend all on their dime ? So that's why they do things the way they do it, it's a business and the last I knew any business that want's to be successful has to make money or they won't be around long.So as much as they love us,and what they do... it has to be business first.

We all want the new firmware but people need to be understanding and have a little patience, their doing the best they can to release a great product for us that actually works upon release.

Couldn't put it better myself fuzzy. Fraser really does put his all when dealing with customers.

Yeah Fraser goes above and beyond in every aspect of his job responsibilities,we've told him before he's to nice but he's really just a hell of a guy.

But he does keep a cosh in his desk in case the tea-boy forgets the sugar

Yep. Had my router almost 2 years and no complaints with Duma inc does bidness and firmware updates. They have weird accents though

If your Netduma is talking to you with a funny accent, you should definitely consider a vacation  ;)

If you guys want some testing done from Philadelphia PA USA let me know. I have a 150mbps upload and download connection.To add I also develop websites and would love to help find bugs in the front end panel.  :) Cheers.

• Administrators

I totally get that not having a buggy firmware means alot. Ive just been dying to test out the anti-jitter and spike as this plagues my connection the most more than anything else. Just to darn anxious! Lol

Totally understand! We want it to be the best as possible for everyone and are really excited to have you all use it.

-coughs- Ahem -coughs-

I just heard about this router and they call it netduma or something?

Anyway I live in Los Angeles California

Also this small company called Activision has had me QA but I'm sure you havent heard of them.

So like can I be a tester or something, I think I know what I'm doing?

Lol

I'm down for waiting until this new OS is done right. Please take as long as you need. Something Activision should fucking do instead of releasing these unfinished shit Cod's they have been pumping out. Sorry I'm just still pissed about spending $99 for IW at launch, for a season pass that I wont ever download. rant over!! HAHA

Are you 5?