DumaOS - Development Update

Netduma Iain

Looks like in the future we will be downloading apps from here to add functionally and not incremental FW updates, great idea :)

That's what caught my eyes, R-Apps! Can't wait for this to drop! What I would like to see is bandwidth control w/o a pie chart cause I like being a dictator and decide how much bandwidth each device gets  ;)

Hey Iain, do you think I can be part of the cool team and beta test for you? I'm tech savvy and have a lot of spare time on my hands and would be an honor to be a part of the OS's stability.

Looks like in the future we will be downloading apps from here to add functionally and not incremental FW updates, great idea :)

Would depend on the feature, if it required changes at the system level you would still need the firmware update to support the new feature. But it will be great if there is a 3rd party SDK available so we can create and share our own apps. I'd love to build a whitelist sync service to automate the functionality of sharing the allow/deny lists, for example.

great news and nice to have you back in the forum Iain ;)

got a question though:

on the screenshot it says installed apps as well as showing a shopping cart on the left

does that mean apps such as anti-jitter or anti-spike can be installed or removed from the router?

also does this indicate that future apps/features have to be purchased maybe?

Nice clean GUI.

You wouldn't happen to have Clam-AV, Adblock and WGet amongst those apps would you? :)

Any possibility of running a JJFS2 partition via USB thumbdrive (we have the port active)?

As for delay... /shrugs

What can you do, these things happen, I'm not the most happiest about the delay, especially with an ETA possibly toward Feb/March 2017 but I can say IW isn't a problem any longer (turned off Geofilter) & we'd all have a more complete firmware package anyway! :)

• Administrators

Damn! I am so excited man! delays are bound to happen with a huge over haul like this! Don't feel bad we just appreciate the effort man! roll on that canary testing ;D. 

Thanks for the update.

Wow - Looks awesome guys!  I can't wait to be a part of this whenever I am tapped to test.  Delays happen, but the guy in charge has now given us an accurate level set and has shared both progress to date and an "expected" timeline.  

If only Call of Duty would take the same approach instead of rushing out half baked ideas.  :rolleyes:

All I can add is *chirp-chirp*

FANTASTIC NEWS, thanks for the heads up mate. I cannot wait. :)

Tweet tweet!

Cant wait! :D

attachicon.gifgif.1.gif

Like this , waiting with patience, keep calm and enjoy the R1  :D

awesome can't wait even with the delay, count me in I wanna take part in the Open beta after the canaries in middle February.  this will really change the face of gaming forever I believe it, even with IW having solid hit detection with a few tweaks too the internet DUMAOS wil change cod for me I hope with connection wise

Thanks guys! glad you're excited - not as much as me though! chirp chirp

• Administrators

awesome work and it is for free!  :)  the only thing we all will miss are "DomaOS Points" aka COD points! :D  :D

Thanks kumpel :) Remember you never know what the future holds....

• Administrators

Like this , waiting with patience, keep calm and enjoy the R1  :D

awesome can't wait even with the delay, count me in I wanna take part in the Open beta after the canaries in middle February.  this will really change the face of gaming forever I believe it, even with IW having solid hit detection with a few tweaks too the internet DUMAOS wil change cod for me I hope with connection wise

Thanks guys! Patience is a virtue... that I lack so you're better than me

• Administrators

It's like having your own R&D department. Brilliant Iain. Just Brilliant.

Haha and for us it's like having our own perfect demographic internal focus group

i cant really share the joy. i am very disappointed that we did not got 1.03.6.xx or 1.03.7 . i just can not understand it. i have problems with slow GUI since 1.03.6 came out and i am not the only one. device priorization with share excess enabled never worked smoothly for me and recently the upnp/port forwarding problems. so when duma os is released it will be 1!! year since i deal with a buggy firmware. and we mainly pay for the firmware, so i can expect that at least the firmware run without any flaws, but this is not the case. i know lain is working a lot and i dont want to blame him, i really appreciate his work, but maybe there should have been a second team that is focused on the current firmware

Hey I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully Fraser or other member of the team can help. However we're a small company and don't have a spare person let alone team. Make sure to jump on the beta if you like and we will directly apply your feedback to DumaOS :)

If you guys need me for the closed beta i am willing to help out  :D otherwise can't wait till mid Jan  

Thanks mate, will let you know. Be careful what you wish for though... that early beta won't be polised

Keep that early closed beta away from me though :)

heh fair enouh, wise person here

Looks like a A++++ looking forward it . Cant wait to try it...

Thanks mate

• Administrators

I like seeing this kind of stuff, regardless of the current support to games in the market - I see good potential in the duma.

Thank-you!

awesome work guys! drink a beer for me

Thanks man, we have an award cermony tonight so we will take you up on that offer. Plenty of beer, it's the English way

It looks sick!  You'll be making us all network experts with the amount of data we will have at our fingertips.  Stoked for this

haha cheers, we've started getting linkedin contacts with networking people trying to sell stuff to our customers. They think its a forum full of experts!!

I'm seeing a SQL interface for querying stats from the router? Some kind of API for building apps to talk to the Netduma?? And I'm seeing what looks like a modular app system for installing apps on the router itself, hopefully with some kind of SDK so we can build our own apps to run on it? 

Mayhaps... sorry but can't give details away. Luke and non tech guys want a proper marketing release so I've gotta keep hush hush

That may or may not be true mate :ph34r:

That's what caught my eyes, R-Apps! Can't wait for this to drop! What I would like to see is bandwidth control w/o a pie chart cause I like being a dictator and decide how much bandwidth each device gets  ;)

Hey Iain, do you think I can be part of the cool team and beta test for you? I'm tech savvy and have a lot of spare time on my hands and would be an honor to be a part of the OS's stability.

See my above response, can't comment unfortunately mate but watch this space .... :ph34r:

Would depend on the feature, if it required changes at the system level you would still need the firmware update to support the new feature. But it will be great if there is a 3rd party SDK available so we can create and share our own apps. I'd love to build a whitelist sync service to automate the functionality of sharing the allow/deny lists, for example.

Intresting.... watch this space!

great news and nice to have you back in the forum Iain ;)

got a question though:

on the screenshot it says installed apps as well as showing a shopping cart on the left

does that mean apps such as anti-jitter or anti-spike can be installed or removed from the router?

also does this indicate that future apps/features have to be purchased maybe?

hi mate, long time! hope you're well. You still playing Halo 5?

Unfortunately I can't go into details, Luke & biz guys want some hype around the marketing release.

Nice clean GUI.

You wouldn't happen to have Clam-AV, Adblock and WGet amongst those apps would you? :)

Any possibility of running a JJFS2 partition via USB thumbdrive (we have the port active)?

As for delay... /shrugs

What can you do, these things happen, I'm not the most happiest about the delay, especially with an ETA possibly toward Feb/March 2017 but I can say IW isn't a problem any longer (turned off Geofilter) & we'd all have a more complete firmware package anyway! :)

Hey man, sorry to hear about GF. IF any issues let Fraser know and we will look into it. Unfortunately can't answer your other questions as we're keeping it on the downlow for future hype!

I like Patrice... As in O'Neil?

Yup, we decided to name releases after comedians we like. My favourites are the great Patreeky and Colin Quinn :D

Yup, we decided to name releases after comedians we like. My favourites are the great Patreeky and Colin Quinn :D

That was an easy guess once I saw the name. I remember that conversation way back in the day

Man, It's like a step up to 'Next Gen'  :)    (not that I dislike the current version)

With all the extra functions & information, I like how easy & neat it still looks.

I can't wait till you serve it up Iain & shut the trolls up that have been popping up recently claiming to  'teach you things you don't know'  :lol:

Well done for taking the time to perfect everything, none of the early adopters are bothered about the delay, features are nothing without stability so take your time B)

Hey man, sorry to hear about GF. IF any issues let Fraser know and we will look into it. Unfortunately can't answer your other questions as we're keeping it on the downlow for future hype!

No issues, it's to do with InfiniteWarfare, turning it off hasn't hindered the experience, it's all good.

You know me, fishing for info as they say lol

Lol. Everyone wants to know all the goodies and presents in the DumaOs. But that's so awesome Duma Apps. I over it. Just love the gui. NetDuma literally Duma ahead of the others in the race, everyone still behind. Looking forward to this upgrade.