Now BBC testing for 1.5 h form 9:50 pm til about 11:20 pm

First is testing the 8.8.8.8 for 1.5 h form 9:50 pm til about 11:20 pm

post-331-0-30137000-1463005819_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-65308200-1463005828_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-46396600-1463005836_thumb.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are spot on lukasz the packet loss shown at those hops is a router using a different CPU path for TTL=0 packets than it does for routing data through.

Looks sweet and low, happy gaming mate what a difference this is going to make for consistency.

Sure buddy can wait for the weekend to hop on. What would you say about the jitter and those occasional spikes. also this is all done on the type A HH so maybe that will be even better with the type B HH or not what do you think ?

I have some bad news I have spoken to BT today and apparently HH5 type B is only provided with the business lines and all of the residential lines use the HH5 type A and there is no way of me getting the TYPE B. 

Will have to stick to that one I have for now and look in to it next month. Yebs but I will not get that G.INP thing going on my line. 

I have gaming buddy's who are connected to the ECI cabinets running straight into the isp modem router combos and they have no issues at all,stick with it for now lukasz and if it's all good leave it as it is,if you experience interleaving on your line (rise in ping) then maybe look into getting the type B but as zennon says if it's not broke it doesn't need fixing,I think you will be golden

G.inp is good for lines that have interleaving on as it will drop to fast path with error correction.

You do not have interleaving on your line , how do I know? Your pings are very low.

Interleaving adds 8ms on top of the base ping per depth.

cool I will see how it goes I can always upgrade if need be. BTW I have left the PP on before I left for work will see the results when back home. 

Here is few hours from morning until my pc went to sleep. At first I was unhappy because it was not a flat line but than I realized the whole thing happens with in the 1ms and the changes happens after 0.if you know what I mean

post-331-0-74050700-1463073780_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-44471100-1463073786_thumb.jpg

Ok so I have covered pretty much 24h since i got my new line. Please see below the time from 6 pm to 9 pm now on this test you can see some jitter. What do you think guys?

post-331-0-92705500-1463083923_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-63010800-1463083928_thumb.jpg

It is only 2ms jitter and it may be bbc'c doing that best to multi test IP's, twiiter is a good one and google.

And even if it does it on all its only 2ms which wont impact you unlike the 20-30 odd you see on virgin.

That duma graph is normal the is the host that is having a slight ping increase not you.

If you think it is you then run pp at the same time.

I have a 15 to 16ms sometimes ping and it is quite flat but i get the odd host rise like that, totally normal.

Archived