BT HH5 coming in tomorrow.

lukasz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explain ur situation and tell him you don't wanna be interleaved and you are relying on the G.inp on your line,I don't think engineers carry them anymore because of the isps giving out the router modem combos but it's worth a try mate,he may have a type b hh5 but I doubt he will have a hg612

Ybes worth a try. The good connection with virgin it comes and goes sometimes its good for a week and sometimes shit for the week. The whole thing was like a rollercoaster with virgin.

Good Luck Lukasz i asked BT a while back they said they don't send out open reach modems anymore and told me to look on amazon or eBay i can't believe they gave me the Type A piss me off that did. well getting the hg612 soon should be here today or tomorrow i hope fingers crossed.

Are you with BT?

No mate I'm with sky but it's all down to your line,my friend has sky only a few miles away and he says his is great so I could be in a really congested area,what works for one may be horrible for another,I think you will enjoy fttc more than Virgin anyway mate

I find all these posts fascinating, as I have no idea what people are on about. :)

Hawei cab

G.inp

Thought type A and B were blood groups :)

Broadens my knowledge, but lessens my understanding lol

Its is all installed now. I manage tu run just a 200 times ping to 8.8.8.8 and bbc. I was amazed both were 6 ms almost a flat line with occasional spike of 1ms

Its is all installed now. I manage tu run just a 200 times ping to 8.8.8.8 and bbc. I was amazed both were 6 ms almost a flat line with occasional spike of 1ms

Great news, test again tonight to get a better grasp on the network.

Really happy for you mate.

Mate thanks so much I will do a proper testing this evening and for few day etc. Will need some instructions on how to do the long ping ploter test.

I am still going to call BT to get the type b HH.

I have done some testing now about 8 pm which is considerate very peaky here is my first findings tell me what you think guys. And please bear in mind that this is on HH type A so it could be even better with the type B

post-331-0-50766600-1462995026_thumb.jpg

post-331-0-27155400-1462995033_thumb.jpg

Archived