Anyone notice the lag?

lthoma89

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have ipv6 unticked but to be honest the amount of bandwidth gaming uses for it to be a problem you would have to have a connection running two plastic cups and a piece of string.

I had a few games last night quite a few on p2p hosts and they were reat games.

Tonight all dedicated servers but all bar one were also great. the none great one was still playable but just the odd bit of lag which you notice way more after playing with an R1 in your set up.

After making any changes I always refresh the page just in case and wait a couple of minutes before going back into the battle.

Personally of tried a lot of things. None of them really seem to work ever since the takeover of the dedi's. Is it just me or has aw made the r1 useless for some. I have great internet, but i always lag. I have also tried moving around the geo-filter but horrible dedi's is all I seem to get. Any insight would be very helpful.

There is def something not right with the AW code . Runs best for me when I have GC at 70% with reactive and have my XBONE at a high percent on the flower thing with all other devices at 1% , even 0% but then everybody moans in the house . I little extreme but it does the job .

@easymoney. I firmly hold the belief that it is Advanced Warfare that it at fault. I have pretty much not needed to tweak my settings for weeks now and for the most part the game plays fine with good hit detection etc.

Then suddenly out of the blue for no reason at all I am lagging so much I actually went 4-26 with 3 caps on a game of Dom earlier, Only reason I stayed was because a friend was also in the game and we were winning and it's all xp towards red tags.

Couldn't buy me a kill.

Very next game on the same dedicated server 24-17 and 6 caps. hit detection bang on working a treat.

I have noticed however the connections have been on the "iffy" side all weekend.

Might I suggest 9if you havn't already tried) setting up as around 1000km 70% PA 30-50 standard recommended settings and try that for maybe 6 or 7 games to see if it is just maybe a bad lobby/game. Also don't forget if you back out and want to try another lobby that you need to wait two minutes :)

Oh and give your console around 30% of your bandwidth with excess shared ticked and strict on the geo filter

@easymoney. I firmly hold the belief that it is Advanced Warfare that it at fault. I have pretty much not needed to tweak my settings for weeks now and for the most part the game plays fine with good hit detection etc.

Then suddenly out of the blue for no reason at all I am lagging so much I actually went 4-26 with 3 caps on a game of Dom earlier, Only reason I stayed was because a friend was also in the game and we were winning and it's all xp towards red tags.

Couldn't buy me a kill.

Very next game on the same dedicated server 24-17 and 6 caps. hit detection bang on working a treat.

I have noticed however the connections have been on the "iffy" side all weekend.

Might I suggest 9if you havn't already tried) setting up as around 1000km 70% PA 30-50 standard recommended settings and try that for maybe 6 or 7 games to see if it is just maybe a bad lobby/game. Also don't forget if you back out and want to try another lobby that you need to wait two minutes :)

Oh and give your console around 30% of your bandwidth with excess shared ticked and strict on the geo filter

This exactly. I've been saying I've had about 80% greatness since the netduma has been hooked up (xbox one east coast usa). Bagsta nailed it.

I agree with bagsta and cranium, it's definitely an AW thing. I can get 15ms pings and have the worst laggy game ever then get a 40ms ping and it plays great.

At the end of the day all the R1 can do is make sure you get a good ping to the host which it does perfectly.

Whatever netcode/lag comp is going on in AW it's seriously screwy. They should hire Iain to sort their $h*t out :P

• Netduma Staff

Another question? Is there a way i can put mt ps4 in dmz on my netduma? Ive never done this before but i was told from activision support to try it if i was having problems.

There is no need to do this. The Netduma has UPnP with opens the necessary ports. Do you have an open NAT on the game? If you do that you can leave everything as it is, DMZ will do absolutely nothing. As long as the Netduma is in the DMZ of your other router then you can leave it all as it is :)

Another question? Is there a way i can put mt ps4 in dmz on my netduma? Ive never done this before but i was told from activision support to try it if i was having problems.

Use this address (probably different on yours). Mine is in the advanced settings on the nighthawk in wan. You can look up the how to on your routers site or on youtube. My mac address changes often so keep an eye on that.

post-881-0-22773900-1428401586_thumb.png

I cant understand all this lag talk, i get brilliant games all the time and my distance is set to 68.97 miles and a PA 0f 15ms. If your in UK try setting your home to the SE coast area theres a dedi there and its fine.

09d901d4c5.jpg

Guest Netduma Fraser

The wiki is still down. :(

It's working for me, it may take a bit of time to work for people in different locations. Try clearing your cache and cookies to see if that makes a difference.

Raddy how do you get games with those settings? I live in southend and with the same geo filter setup as you use i cannot get into any games, it finds 2 or 3 then resets the search.

Couldn't buy me a kill.

It won't even let me in a game with a geo-filter set that low. It just looks for lobby members the whole time. I have to let in know less than half the united states. anything less kicks me out or keeps searching. 

FAWK advanced warfare already!  Even with R1, its unplayable!  I'm sick of this crap already!  The Seattle server is the only way we can play here in Hawaii!  If I avoid it, I can't even find a match.  California servers don't even show up and if they do, its only for 1 match.  Not blaming Duma, I'm blaming the "usual" suspects for this one

Sorry to hear that easymoney, I stand by my comment that it is the game.

Last night 24-4 on tdm, next game, same server (the one Raddy mentioned south coast UK) got spanked all over the map and not in a nice kinky way. marshmallow bullets etc etc yadda yadda we all know what I am saying here.

It's working for me, it may take a bit of time to work for people in different locations. Try clearing your cache and cookies to see if that makes a difference.

It is back now for me too. Thanks :)

FAWK advanced warfare already! Even with R1, its unplayable! I'm sick of this crap already! The Seattle server is the only way we can play here in Hawaii! If I avoid it, I can't even find a match. California servers don't even show up and if they do, its only for 1 match. Not blaming Duma, I'm blaming the "usual" suspects for this one

Have you tried putting your pin around L.A. or San Diego? You might be able to hook on there to another host without connecting to Seattle. You could keep a low radius to stay away from Washington all together.

I think a better title for this post would be "anyone not notice the lag" it's been bad for the last month and as with every title boys it will continue to get worse as they patch it and make "connectivity improvements" .It happens on every title,every year,rinse,wash,repeat.

Archived