A lan cable has been disconnected (PS4)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Madman can you give me access to your router please. Go to "Settings > Misc" and allow remote support. Cheers

Madman can you give me access to your router please. Go to "Settings > Misc" and allow remote support. Cheers

Hey Iain, had a really long day, is it too late for remote access?

I'm using my old router at the moment but i'll switch over to the Duma if you'd like

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry man, I was alseep. Are you working tomorrow(Saturday). I'm available all day so I can remote in when you wake up if you're available. I did some research on the Internet it seems like a major bug with PS but I wanna try manually change your MTU and see if it helps.

Sorry man, I was alseep. Are you working tomorrow(Saturday). I'm available all day so I can remote in when you wake up if you're available. I did some research on the Internet it seems like a major bug with PS but I wanna try manually change your MTU and see if it helps.

I played with the MTU a little but didn't help the disconnects but be my guest, I won't be working Sat so I'll look you up then, thx Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Apparently the MTU is not working on the router so I'd need to do it manually. I'll only be available during the day on Saturday though, is it possible to meet up before 4pm GMT? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure no problem Madman, sorry I was away rest of the weekend.

Lets try get this resolved ASAP. How about you tell me when would be the best time for you? 

Thanks!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Madman, sorry I usually do support during the day in the UK(I just can't sleep atm). Thats why its best if you just set a time and I'll be there to help.

Having said that I've looked at the MTU on the latest one and it seems to work so I need to check out what people are saying.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok Madman, it seems that MTU is working for WAN which is what we needed anyway.

There are a few permuations here. But can you go to "Settings > WAN" and in MTU at the bottom make sure it says automatic. Then go to the playstation and try connect. If it fails make sure its MTU is automatic. If that fails try the MTU 1450 on the playstation. Does that help? 

I too loose connection once a session at random time between bF4 and AW. Once I reconnect game, I'm fine for the rest of the night. Could my MTU setting have an issue? I tried the other ports, still same thing.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ortiz, I think this is a separate issue his physical cable is not detected. Is that the same for you?

I'll start one, but i'm going to take a look to make sure there isn't anything else out already. I'll make sure to look at the title before making a post.. I apologize for this.

Ortiz, I think this is a separate issue his physical cable is not detected. Is that the same for you?

Actually is does get detected but within a few minutes of being online the ps4 gives me that error (a lan cable has been disconnected)

I've had my old Netgear router connected for almost two weeks same Ethernet cable and no disconnects

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry Madman was away all of last week. 

Sure we can fix it for you, but if you dont mind can we try schedule 1 on 1 this week as I'm available and it will save time(I assume you're based in the USA?)

Archived