PS4 could not find IP address in specifies time (solved)

Hi yall, I finished gaming early hous of Sunday morning and switched my PS4 into standby mode to charge my headset.

Tonight when I switched it back on the PS4 could not find IP address in specified time.

So I tried connecting via wifi, this worked no problem.

Rebooted router and mode and ps4.

Went back to try ethernet, No dice would not work at all.

So I switched everything off in the house that may require an IP address including the ps 4 R1 and modem.

Left for two minutes.

Switched modem back on and waited till lights were solid

Switched R1 back on.

Switched PS4 on and all working fine again.

Hopefully may help somebody else who may have the issue in the future.

Cheers

It appears I spoke to soon, Just switched PS4 on and same problem as before.

The R1 has the ps4 IP address set so should I set that manually on the ps4 or will the R1 set a different ip address in the future.

Do you think setting the ip address to a static one on R1 and on PS4 could solve it? If so where do I go on the R1 to set it?

Sorry to be a pain.

It appears I spoke to soon, Just switched PS4 on and same problem as before.

The R1 has the ps4 IP address set so should I set that manually on the ps4 or will the R1 set a different ip address in the future.

Do you think setting the ip address to a static one on R1 and on PS4 could solve it? If so where do I go on the R1 to set it?

Sorry to be a pain.

Give your PS4 a static ip as something else may take the ip you have set in R1.

I had an openreach modem that i flashed with custom firmware, it opens it right up and you can view lots of goodis :). I might still have it or i can link you to said article if your interested, which modem is it ?

Huawai 3B,

OK so I have done as I did at the top of this article and shut everything off and back on again and now it works.

However I can't really be doing that every time I want to play on the ps4.

Might dig out the old TP link and see if that has the same problem which would help see if it's a router issue or a modem issue

HAHAHAHA lol, its a bit like defragmenting your hard drive, it puts everything back in the place it should be and tidies it all up without losing anything.

Kind of house keeping if you like,

To put the PS4 into safe mode from it's off status press and hold the power button, you will hear a beep straight away and a second beep a few seconds later, after the second beep release the power button.

Connect your controller via the cable to the PS4 and hit the ps button.

The following options are available in Safe Mode:

1. Restart System - Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
  2. Change Resolution - Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
  3. Update System Software - Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
  4. Restore Default Settings - Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
  5. Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
    This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
  6. Initialize PS4 - IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step.
    Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
  7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) - IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. Click here to download the reinstallation version of PS4 system software.

Im lucky, I was dragged out to buy a new fridge freezer one Saturday many years ago and we returned with a Playstation one and a steering wheel. No idea how I pulled that out of the bag but if I could remember how id bottle it and sell it. lol

(didnt get a fridge freezer)

Archived