Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've sent you a PM.

You mentioned I'm good to go with the upgrade.

I tried to do an auto update, it still thinks I'm on the latest.

Do I need to get the file and manually load it?

Thank

I have tagged Fraser in this post so he's notified........please be patient as it is 5am here in the UK. When Fraser said "good to go" i assume he means you can now manually upgrade! You can wait for him to reply if you wish before proceeding!

PLEASE DO NOT POWER OFF OR REBOOT YOUR R1 UNTIL YOU HAVE UPGRADED!

• Administrators

You mentioned I'm good to go with the upgrade.

I tried to do an auto update, it still thinks I'm on the latest.

Do I need to get the file and manually load it?

Thank

Yes as per the instructions in the first post you need to download and upgrade manually. If you have rebooted since I said you were good to go then let me know as your router will need to be checked again.

I have tagged Fraser in this post so he's notified........please be patient as it is 5am here in the UK. When Fraser said "good to go" i assume he means you can now manually upgrade! You can wait for him to reply if you wish before proceeding!

PLEASE DO NOT POWER OFF OR REBOOT YOUR R1 UNTIL YOU HAVE UPGRADED!

Updated router.

Thank you for your help.

• 1 month later...
  1. Firmware version is R1 debug version 1.03.4 running on rb-951g-2hnd
  2. Speedtest results vary…down = anywhere from 35-140 M/up = 5-15M
  3. Current setup = ISP voice/data Technicolor modem - model CGM4140COM (in Bridge Mode) > R1 > all devices in household via ethernet and/or wireless
  4. Specific issue – attempted OS upgrade to ver R1-v-1-03-6j.sig file just downloaded, which failed with message “upgrade failed: with exitcode 2”
  5. Other issues - hope these are resolved via OS upgrade = Host filtering, congestion control, vpn, device manager either don’t allow access or provide endless continuos squiggly lines with no access to underlying screens.  Wifi is no longer usable/accessible…attempt to reset/reenter proper info results in settings being set to default/disappear with error code being “improper channel value”and wifi is disabled
  6. Based on a review of the forum and specific messages relating to the above issue, have tried various suggestions that have been posted, to no avail.  Appears only solution is that you need to access the NetDuma remotely to make changes so it can have the OS upgraded

Plz Advise…

• Administrators

1. Firmware version is R1 debug version 1.03.4 running on rb-951g-2hnd
  2. Speedtest results vary…down = anywhere from 35-140 M/up = 5-15M
  3. Current setup = ISP voice/data Technicolor modem - model CGM4140COM (in Bridge Mode) > R1 > all devices in household via ethernet and/or wireless
  4. Specific issue – attempted OS upgrade to ver R1-v-1-03-6j.sig file just downloaded, which failed with message “upgrade failed: with exitcode 2”
  5. Other issues - hope these are resolved via OS upgrade = Host filtering, congestion control, vpn, device manager either don’t allow access or provide endless continuos squiggly lines with no access to underlying screens.  Wifi is no longer usable/accessible…attempt to reset/reenter proper info results in settings being set to default/disappear with error code being “improper channel value”and wifi is disabled
  6. Based on a review of the forum and specific messages relating to the above issue, have tried various suggestions that have been posted, to no avail.  Appears only solution is that you need to access the NetDuma remotely to make changes so it can have the OS upgraded

Plz Advise…

I've sent you a PM

• Netduma Staff

Have not checked this forum in about a year... looks like you have to buy a new modem to get the new software.

Is 1 03 6j the most current version for the r1?

6j is the latest version, but you don't have to buy the Nighthawk XR500 to get DumaOS. It was delayed back in April which caused a lot of annoyance, but it should be out very soon for the R1 free of charge :)

• Administrators

Current version 1.03.3, I have enabled support tick, would like to upgrade.

Remote support ticked, and disabled UPNp and port forwarding.

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

• Administrators

Hi, I re-enabled my UPNp for gaming purposes. Do I just disable it again and will I be good to go?

Follow the instructions in the first post to upgrade, I've checked your router so you just need to manually upgrade now

i am on version 1.03.4 and would like to know if i am supposed to upgrade or not because they way it written is a tad confusing for me anyway....?

my router hasnt updated for a very long time id say about 2 years ... i am still on 1.03.4 and i am hoping a tech can help please...?

• Administrators

i am on version 1.03.4 and would like to know if i am supposed to upgrade or not because they way it written is a tad confusing for me anyway....?

my router hasnt updated for a very long time id say about 2 years ... i am still on 1.03.4 and i am hoping a tech can help please...?

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

I have the old firmware, hook me up cos this thing is basically a door stop. 

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 WAN IP is in the DMZ of your ISP hub, UPnP & Port forwarding is disabled on your ISP hub and that remote access is ticked on the R1 in settings > miscellaneous.

The router constantly disconnects and none of the features on it work, it is a pain in the butt in the butt to use so i usually use something else.

I hooked it up and left it on overnight for you and i'll do that again tonight. 

Thanks

• Administrators

So is this done? 

How long are you keeping the router connected for us to connect it as we could not connect to the router when checked.

Current version 1.03.4, I have enabled support tick, would like to upgrade.

You're good to go. Please do not reboot the router before upgrading.