[Solved] BO3 better for me without R1 (so far)

secretface

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limagreen, on 19 Jan 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:snapback.png

what are your speeds without throttling? Or before you throttled.

Oh just a side note I am 3000 miles from seattle not 300. Woops

Cable, hard wired, 20 down and 2 up before throttling. Ontario Canada.

Oh so I may need to really choke the chicken. 180 down and 12 up I guess Ill try the 1%?

So played quite a few more games and honestly didn't seem that choking the connection helped at all with the delay. Some games good, some bad. Same old same old.

Set the sliders back to 70% up and 70% down, ticked share excess, then had some good games with great hit detection, and had some awful games. Makes no difference.

Some games you are always behind, some games you seem ahead of the other players. Tried playing through my NETGEAR gaming router, and had some good games and some bad.

No consistent results.

So played quite a few more games and honestly didn't seem that choking the connection helped at all with the delay. Some games good, some bad. Same old same old.

Set the sliders back to 70% up and 70% down, ticked share excess, then had some good games with great hit detection, and had some awful games. Makes no difference.

Some games you are always behind, some games you seem ahead of the other players. Tried playing through my NETGEAR gaming router, and had some good games and some bad.

No consistent results.

Tbh i'm getting same, although choking connection does seem to help me a bit, but not by too much, I really do think it is the game mechanics. 

Its taken me many hours to find a good bufferbloat and quality, and still can't get it right.

Baz.

Its all different lobby to lobby,I played last night with sliders left at 100% and my hit detection was unreal,kn44 hip firing on breach map B flag and was getting triple kills easy,Ive tried throttling and it's all rubbish,if you are in a great lobby for a few games you can be sure it's gonna go tits up soon enough so just back out and research

I think we are looking at the wrong parameters. Choking the upload, and dumbing your connection by forcing a Moderate NAT, just affects the quality of your connection. These factors seem to be ignored by the server. 

I think that the algorithm for Lag Comp looks only at Ping measured in miliseconds. So if you have a a 20 ms ping versus someone with an 80 ms ping, the server will give you more delay to try and make the game fair for the player with the higher ping as he is further away from the server. Reducing bandwidth does not raise your ping time, it simply affects your quality of connection.    

By using the Geo Filter you can force the game to connect you to servers much further away from you, and get 80 ms plus pings. You now get reduced delay due to the compensation from the server.

I am in Ontario Canada, and I tried this by connecting to UK and Ireland servers where I ping 80 ms to 90 ms. I had some great games with very little delay. I got three yellow bars in game, but my quality of game play was smooth and un-interrupted. Time Zones are a problem with number of players and game types available on line in those regions, and again, my caveat is that I played about 8 games that seemed to have vastly reduced delays by doing this. I am not sure if this will give inconsistent results over a longer period of time and game play. 

I think we are looking at the wrong parameters. Choking the upload, and dumbing your connection by forcing a Moderate NAT, just affects the quality of your connection. These factors seem to be ignored by the server. 

I think that the algorithm for Lag Comp looks only at Ping measured in miliseconds. So if you have a a 20 ms ping versus someone with an 80 ms ping, the server will give you more delay to try and make the game fair for the player with the higher ping as he is further away from the server. Reducing bandwidth does not raise your ping time, it simply affects your quality of connection.    

By using the Geo Filter you can force the game to connect you to servers much further away from you, and get 80 ms plus pings. You now get reduced delay due to the compensation from the server.

I am in Ontario Canada, and I tried this by connecting to UK servers where I ping 80 ms. I had some great games with very little delay. I got three yellow bars in game, but my quality of game play was smooth and un-interrupted. Time Zones are a problem with number of players and game types available on line in those regions, and again, my caveat is that I played about 8 games that seemed to have vastly reduced delays by doing this. I am not sure if this will give inconsistent results over a longer period of time and game play. 

I am thinking that is why using the old router and turning geo off is working better tho I had some great games on that 3000 mile away 15 ms seatle server. LOL I think turning the shit off connects us to some better or worse pings. Then again this is getting so over analyzed who the hell knows. BTW I never had any consistent play with chocking the chicken some days it works others not so much Haha

I am thinking that is why using the old router and turning geo off is working better tho I had some great games on that 3000 mile away 15 ms seatle server. LOL I think turning the shit off connects us to some better or worse pings. Then again this is getting so over analyzed who the hell knows. BTW I never had any consistent play with chocking the chicken some days it works others not so much Haha

If I was to choke the chicken right now, I think I'd feel more relaxed :)

So... funny thing is..I come online everyday.. I see players with high K/D and players struggling to just enjoy the game. I have not been playing of late. I just prestige and normally I would of been 5 or 6 prestige. I love the R1 but it has not worked for me as I see it work for others (or in other words.. consistent) .Maybe I'm just stupid and cant figure out how to really configure it - even tho I configure it to just about everyone's recommendation I see posted. (That's a lot of configuring ex. 70/70 cc/ geo filter on/stick - you know the routine) Now there is probably a hand full of people who remember the l*gb*ster (Oh no not that!!!!). I finally got it to work again (power supply issue). I connected it back up to my asus router running stock firmware and was crushing it. You can do the same thing without it, its just easier to change the values on the fly. The game is busted. For those that think throttling doesn't work (OK)... I not gonna get specific in whats going on.. but my K/D went up and I finally prestige.. Now are you gonna beat everyone in the lobby.. nope.. there is always that 1 or 3 players that you cant do anything with, but that's OK, that the game. See... you don't need a lot of bandwidth to play. The game is meant to help players with bad or inconsistent on the fly. I'm hearing good POSITIVE reviews on the new update and I cant wait to get it. I would like to just hook up something, set it and kinda forget it and play (Yes fairly). But until something changes, yes.. people like me will have to do other things to play the game. - Equipment - Benq monitor. Verizon 75/75. 16ms ping. no know buffer bloat issue. This has no indication on the R1.. it is doing what it is ment for. localized players with low ping. Its a brilliant piece of software...This is my own personal experience in playing and whats going on with my gaming.. Hopefully it may explain your frustration in playing the game for those how have been struggling.

I have been playing COD since MW2.  First, I love the Netduma and love the direction and improvements of the updates (soon and future ones).  I first got my Netduma and Benq monitor in the middle of COD Advanced Warfare.  These two devices made a world of difference in my gaming performance.  My k/d and w/l ratios were significantly better, and I was having a lot more fun.   The Netduma geo filter definitely made a difference when playing solo. I set the GF to my local area and had great games.

Now, BO3 is another story.  There are definitely changes in the BO3 engine that are not consistent with older CODs.  It seems that BO3 favors higher pings unlike previous COD games.   I play with GF & PA on and off.  I am playing with GF off most of the time because I am partied with friends.  For BO3 playing solo, I have to set the GF to be further away in order to get games with pings around 50-60mS for better games.  

Due to BO3 game coding, it does not allow the Netduma to work to its fullest in my opinion.  

I have been playing COD since MW2. First, I love the Netduma and love the direction and improvements of the updates (soon and future ones). I first got my Netduma and Benq monitor in the middle of COD Advanced Warfare. These two devices made a world of difference in my gaming performance. My k/d and w/l ratios were significantly better, and I was having a lot more fun. The Netduma geo filter definitely made a difference when playing solo. I set the GF to my local area and had great games.

Now, BO3 is another story. There are definitely changes in the BO3 engine that are not consistent with older CODs. It seems that BO3 favors higher pings unlike previous COD games. I play with GF & PA on and off. I am playing with GF off most of the time because I am partied with friends. For BO3 playing solo, I have to set the GF to be further away in order to get games with pings around 50-60mS for better games.

Due to BO3 game coding, it does not allow the Netduma to work to its fullest in my opinion.

This may sound like blasphemy around here, but I've had a better experience the last month in Black Ops 3 with my Netduma not even hooked up. You're right. I know I'll be hooking it up when numbers drop like they did in AW, it's just a different experience right now.

This may sound like blasphemy around here, but I've had a better experience the last month in Black Ops 3 with my Netduma not even hooked up. You're right. I know I'll be hooking it up when numbers drop like they did in AW, it's just a different experience right now.

From what I have read so far, the new hyper lane will definitely help.

Hyper lane helps to stop packet queuing if others are using the network while you game, giving your consoles packets priority over any other packets on the network.

If you are the sole user it will not change a thing.

It is there to make a gamer on a busy network act like he/she is the lone user in conjunction with the congestion control.

How are you guys limiting your upload speed? I have 3.32down and .332 up (Around 400KB/s down around 47-50 KB/s up). I get alot of issues where someone flying around a corner sees me before I see them and it taking 4 Sheeva shots to kill someone because 1 or 2 of the bullets don't register or some reason.

How are you guys limiting your upload speed? I have 3.32down and .332 up (Around 400KB/s down around 47-50 KB/s up). I get alot of issues where someone flying around a corner sees me before I see them and it taking 4 Sheeva shots to kill someone because 1 or 2 of the bullets don't register or some reason.

If you are the sole network user leave it at 100%

If there is other's using your network you could use 95% to 99% on the upload.

No difference besides more money for better/higher priority support.

its actually in a different subnet than the residential. Ping seemed more steady though. Not paying any different.

Comcast is telling me they contacted Activision and they do not use dedicated servers of any kind. Cough cough. Is there anyone on here that can hit me with an xbox server ip for me to give them? Thanks.

Archived