(BO3 - PS4) Does throttling still work for some of you?

JasonDVamos

What about quality?

When I use preemptive with Turbo mode with the sliders at 25% down and 50% up I get both A+ for BB and Quality. (8.59 Down and 3.43 Up)

When I use preemptive without Turbo mode with the same sliders I get the same results but with a D in speed. (12.03 Down and 4.75 Up)

When I use reactive without Turbo mode with the same sliders I get A+ in BB but a C in both Quality and Speed. (11.99 Down and 4.78 Up)

When I use reactive with Turbo mode I get the same results.

So which one would you say is the better option? Does the quality matter? Cause when I use reactive or preemptive there isn't much of a difference but one performs better than the other depending on which day I'm playing. I also have 50 down and 10 up.

Quality = Try to keep it at A+ or A

I don't use anything but Reactive for BO3 and AW. I use Preemptive for the other CODs.

BB at A+ or A speeds need to be input into the Bandwidth tab, so you tell your R1 that your internet speeds are those A+ BB speeds. Try to have the fastest BB with what's closest to your best/fastest ISP provided speeds, for both up and down and then set it to 100% when starting BO3 with Reactive algo.

100% CC means you're actually getting full speed from your ISP, at 100% there is no limiting of speed regardless what speeds you input into the bandwidth tab so you'll get your 50d 10u.

It's when you load the first map of your MP gaming session that you set the sliders both to 25% and leave them there until you're ready to turn off your console.

Like I said, BB matters (A+ or A), quality matters (A+ or A) but speed does not matter, well as long as you don't have 56Kbps down and up or something. :)

If you're set on using Preemptive, try it, no harm in playing around with your configuration(s), that's how I stumble upon settings.

I am using reactive algo with both sliders at 90% and i get...

2372590.png

Now, am i seeing here that people are saying to adjust the down slider to around 25% ????

Here is what i received when i adjusted the down to 25% and the upload to 50%

2372598.png

This result seems counter productive as my quality took a sharp dive. Does anyone have any sort of proof of how throttling your connection so drastically would result in better gameplay on Bo3? What about a private p2p connection in private lobbies. My understanding of private matches is that you want a connection as fast as possible with as much stability as possible. Also, some of the problems you cable ISP users out there might be experiencing is throttling by the cable company or some interleaving in your line. This was the case for me with comcast. here is proof of what my Comcast business line netted me...

post-2565-0-73797200-1451384756_thumb.png

That photo may not reflect your area. However download pingplotter free trial and you can get a great idea of what your connection looks like over longer time spans. For me there was massive lag spikes every 30 to 45 seconds on top of high jitter every second. That connection was a 100/20 where i averaged about 118/24 running speed tests. My new internet is much more stable and reliable even though it essentially runs on the same copper wire but a different infrastructure. 

Also, remember that this is call of duty. The net coding has not been fantastic for quite some time now. Honestly the best gameplay i get are when im in a private match with people who play COD competitively and pay for their own internet connection (not the connection that is paid for by parents). Generally, people who are competitive players and take it seriously and who live on their own will wire their console and pay for something that is decent or the best they can get. When those players all come together and there is no packet loss, minimal lag spikes and somewhat decent jitter then the game play is super smooth. But in pubs, you are probably getting 2 to 3 players that play on 10/2 lines who are connected wireless (the people skipping all over the map) which affects everyone because of how the game is coded. Just think of that player as a challenge to hit them with some movement or dont miss a single bullet. I usually single them out in a pub and constantly gun fight them as much as possible.

Both sliders are to be 25% both download and upload.

The 25% for both sliders is changed only when the first map of your multiplayer session begins, after that do not change it from 25% until you're ready to turn off your console.

When you're on the 25% do not worry about anything (all the concern is before the 25%), the game will take care of you.

Both sliders are to be 25% both download and upload.

The 25% for both sliders is changed only when the first map of your multiplayer session begins, after that do not change it from 25% until you're ready to turn off your console.

When you're on the 25% do not worry about anything (all the concern is before the 25%), the game will take care of you.

What about bufferpeak when testing on dsl. Whats the highest peak in ms you get?

Right but what's your highest peak in ms.

98ms tested a minute ago.

Like I mentioned above though, dslreports doesn't have a local host for me and the closest (Amazon) is piss poor because my ping to hosts on the Netduma never exceeds 40ms.

98ms tested a minute ago.

Like I mentioned above though, dslreports doesn't have a local host for me and the closest (Amazon) is piss poor because my ping to hosts on the Netduma never exceeds 40ms.

98 the lowest you can get? That's 98ms of potential latency. Can get from 0ms-4ms down/0ms-5ms up (up peaks to 14ms near end) myself with 75%/88% 25% gives an A+ C and peaks to 45ms reactive.

Archived