Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'geofilter buggy'.
Found 2 results
Hi all, I seem to have issues with the geofilter on my XR500. I live in Germany. When I bought the XR500 I set my radius on around 450 KM around me to connect to the 2 closest Modern Warfare servers (taken from the dumaOS Modern Warfare Servers). At the beginning, it worked perfectly. It took a little bit longer to find a game, but when I did the connection was amazing! Now, since some days, I find games extremely quick and play against people from spain for example, who clearly had a connection advantage (so I guess the server was closer to them, outside of my radius) So I did a test: I shrunk the circle to the minimum (100KM), in this radius there are only villages around my city, and non of the servers are in the radius. According to the radius, I shouldn't find any games. But then I searched for a game and found one immediately, playing against spanish and french people (I live in east germany). Does anyone know why it suddenly stopped to filter? Hope someone can help me! Thanks in advance!
I have an XR450 (basically an XR500 with slightly worse wifi?). When I set ping assist it does not seem to actually be checking the pings after a while. Sometimes rebooting the router fixes it for a short time. My assist is set to 45ms, strict enabled. I have tried with fast search on and off. To no avail, it lets people in with massive pings for some reason. Radius works fine as far as I can tell, but that does not stop some people with bad pings as I don't want to block out the entire US. But to get most of the USA into my radius I have to allow a lot of Canada and mexico. I can play with some people in cali and have a ping of 50-70 area and often this is fine for many games. I would be pretty surprised for someone to really tell me this person pinged under 45ms to start with and then rose to over 100ms. So either the filter does not work or there is something else I am not doing. I have downgraded my FW to initial release and back to the latest twice now with no avail. General settings I have done in my XR450: Prioritized all packets both UDP and TCP (individually not together) for my PC Filter mode, strict mode, PC enabled in geofilter as a "console". Fast search off (tried on too) QOS tested and optimized for low buffer bloat (DSL report's gives me an A rating) with max bandwidth allocation (100 distribution) to my PC, not sure if this has an affect on other devices. I know some of the same admins on the netgear website also post here. I'm looking for others with similar issues, and it seems like this forum is a bit more active. I have attached a picture of my geofilter and autoping showing the issue I am having here. You can see his ping started around 60ms, which is well above 45 still, and thus the feature is bugged for sure.