Jump to content

blackJaxs

Members
  • Content Count

    69
  • Joined

About blackJaxs

  • Rank
    Apprentice
  • Birthday October 28

Basic Info

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Utah
  • DumaOS Routers Owned
    Netduma R1
    XR500
    XR700
    XR1000

Gaming

  • Connection Speed
    Don't know/Won't say

Recent Profile Visitors

1,415 profile views
  1. Then it's "she's dead, Jim" ! That's a shame, I really liked my xr700.
  2. Short story: I logged into the router and told it to run its own update from 1.0.1.20 to 1.0.1.34. After about 30 minutes of sitting on the "we're upgrading" screen I re-logged into the router's interface and got the "DumaOS not loaded yet" message. In the past whenever the admin interface had been laggy a power cycle sorted it out. It didn't appear that the firmware update was in progress at the moment so I unplugged the router, let it sit for a bit, and powered it back on. After the power on it was in the same state. I then removed it from its usual home to connect it straight to my PC and see if a TFTP push of 1.0.1.34 would kick it, but no love and the router is still having the same issues. I've now tried using http://www.routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm to factory reset and downgrade all the way to 1.0.0.20. Still busted. Did some research online and found 1.0.1.24 beta that should help and that didn't help my router. Did some more research and found that other users with similar issues also had Wi-Fi radio problems, looked into the settings on my router and sure enough the WiFi is busted for mine too. It doesn't matter what advanced or basic settings I use the 2.4GHz and 5GHz won't turn on. I did try disabling them in the advanced radio settings, reboot, re-enable, reboot method. I've had this router for nearly two years, so the warranty is long gone. Is there something I can do or is this router FUBAR?
  3. When i get the error it shows up immediately after logging in and after dismissing I am given a waiting animation and nothing else loads.
  4. I haven't found a topic on here about this yet (or at least not one that fit my searching of the error, sorry if this is a duplicate!). Has anyone else had this come up with their XR700? RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': ?:0: attempt to index a boolean value -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> ?: in function <?:34> ?: in function <?:324> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:290> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:345> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:261> (tail call): ? /dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk [C]: ? As it is I only get this on logging into the console and the only way I've been able to clear it is to unplug it for at least 10 seconds and plug it back in. EDIT: I get the same message on FireFox 70.0.1 (64-bit) and Chrome 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  5. I have had this constantly since 1.0.1.10. It seems to be a combination of me having 62+ devices total (on LAN and WiFi) as well as 1gbps internet. The entire management interface will be totally unresponsive once my combined download speeds reach 300mbps (as well as anything more than that). There just seems to be a bottleneck in the processing somewhere, either CPU or the storage. Guess it could even be RAM speed, but there is certainly plenty of RAM as I've never seen my usage over about 30%. If you're willing to wipe settings then any of the versions are fair game, though I seem to remember 1.0.1.8 being the most stable on the MGMT interface side. While 1.0.1.10 may have some issues with the web interface it's the most stable for clients and internet usage that I've used in the last year. I'll let you know how 1.0.1.20 does long term for me. EDIT: fixed versions for clarity and removed my quip about netgear not updating when they pushed one out within the last week X-D
  6. blackJaxs

    blackJaxs

  7. I have opened an email ticket with Netgear about this. The ticket reference number is is 40813298.
  8. OK, I've tested again with all VPNs turned off (to work and hosted by the xr700). Speed tests came out the same. I also found that on version 1.0.2.1 having QoS off made no diffrerence on CPU usage nor R-Apps failing to load. I ended up turning QoS back on to always including game detection and ran the speed tests again (on 1.0.0.20) and I got the same speed test results as with it all off.
  9. So with QoS totally off (sliders at 100% of 1000 up and down, and the Disable all QoS checked) I'm only able to achieve ~600mbps up and down through the xr700. This is while direclty connected to the XR700. Direclty connected to my fiber ONT I'm able to get ~950 down and ~1000 up. Under what conditions should the router's CPU fan turn on? Through speed tests and heavy downloading while the CPU was pegged at or near 100% (all four cores) the fan never turned on.
  10. That made a significant difference in CPU and RAM usage overall. I'll test heavy downloading with games detection off and then try the same settings on v1.0.1.2.
  11. So, an update. Today I'm updating games on my Xbox, two PCs, and windows on a PC and none of my r-apps are loading except for system info. I am still running 1.0.0.20. CPU usage is hovering between 60-90% I should note that I have 1gbps symmetrical fiber service.
  12. So far so good on 1.0.0.20. Not sure how helpful this is, but I've noticed CPU load is less than half on 1.0.0.20 compared to 1.0.1.2.
  13. The only security software running is Windows Defender. Turning active protection off resulted in the "r-app not loaded" still appearing. (I did test this against v1.0.1.2) I've also realised that I had auto-update enabled and that I was running 1.0.1.2 since Friday evening when I rebooted the device. I'm going back to 1.0.0.20 now!
×
×
  • Create New...