NEW XR450 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

• Administrators
15 hours ago, ReaperHackz said:

Firetruck i forgot to backup my device manger device names to import them at least i could restore my settings i just backed them up before the factory reset.

It's not recommended to restore a backup from a previous version as it some cases it could be incompatible. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, agent47isn1 said:

So far so good only issue I've come across was not router related but related to the app itself when using the ping optimizer it just loads forever.

Are you on the latest DumaOS app version? Did you factory reset after the update also?

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you on the latest DumaOS app version? Did you factory reset after the update also?

Yes sir I did I just figured it was because it was a still an early build for the app everything else works as intended for me

Yeah 1 bug i've found so far is when QOS CC is on at all i cant load some websites examle twitch even if the sliders are at 100% but if i switch the qos to never the issue goes away weird and this didnt happen at all before this beta. if you'd like a video clip i could record one for you if that helps.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, ReaperHackz said:

Yeah 1 bug i've found so far is when QOS CC is on at all i cant load some websites examle twitch even if the sliders are at 100% but if i switch the qos to never the issue goes away weird and this didnt happen at all before this beta. if you'd like a video clip i could record one for you if that helps.

Interesting, I would have thought that would be more of an Adblocker issue, if you disable that does it then work?

On 10/2/2023 at 8:37 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you go to the mobile view on your PC, http://192.168.1.1/dumaweb/ can you use it correctly there?

Yea it works that perfectly fine it was just the app but it could be that I use starlink for my Internet too so ping could naturally be an issue from time to time.

• Administrators
On 10/11/2023 at 1:28 AM, agent47isn1 said:

Yea it works that perfectly fine it was just the app but it could be that I use starlink for my Internet too so ping could naturally be an issue from time to time.

Might be we didn't update the app properly to accommodate it, I'll pass it on and see what we can do, thanks for letting us know! Are you on iOS or Android btw?

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Might be we didn't update the app properly to accommodate it, I'll pass it on and see what we can do, thanks for letting us know! Are you on iOS or Android btw?

Alright sounds good and no problem I'm on android I have a Samsung S22 Ultra if that helps 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, agent47isn1 said:

Just had to restart the router this DHCP issue has been getting worse it seems every 2 weeks or so I have to turn the router on and off to have Internet again 

Yeah it's a shame we can't do anything for that specifically and it's just a Netgear issue. Have you done the usual static/reserved IP workaround?

On 10/14/2023 at 10:33 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah it's a shame we can't do anything for that specifically and it's just a Netgear issue. Have you done the usual static/reserved IP workaround?

Yea no kidding I be thinking Netgear is going under just because of the lack of support from them and no I think I forgot how to do that 😅

• Administrators

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

On 10/17/2023 at 7:01 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Alright that shouldn't be too hard to do fingers crossed!

Random question, why is the step 1 install listed as 2.3.2.136 but the second step is 2.3.2.134? Because the software my router is currently on is already 2.3.2.134? Shouldn't this all be labeled 3.3.535?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Heroxoot said:

Random question, why is the step 1 install listed as 2.3.2.136 but the second step is 2.3.2.134? Because the software my router is currently on is already 2.3.2.134? Shouldn't this all be labeled 3.3.535?

3 hours ago, Heroxoot said:

So far it's much more responsive. Hopefully this solves the issue I was having with needing random reboots. 

It's just an intermediary firmware, not intended to be used permanently so it's not labelled properly. The .134 is labelled RC14 to differentiate it from the normal version. Glad to hear that, keep us posted! 

• 4 weeks later...