DSL Report only gives me a F to D rating for speed

Ive been playing around with my settings and I'm able to get 3 A but for my speed, I can only get either a D or F rating. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Ive been trying to play video games but anytime I'm playing i am lagging big time.

Yeah I can get A+ for BB,A+ for quality and a D or F for speed.But speed is really the last thing you want to worry about BB and quality first,speed is a distant third IMO.

Yeah I can get A+ for BB,A+ for quality and a D or F for speed.But speed is really the last thing you want to worry about BB and quality first,speed is a distant third IMO.

ok thank.. but i know something is wrong... I just don't what it is...strange

They average the speed based on others from tests from your IP range.

So if 50 people are tested, and 40 of them have an upload and down of 75Mbps respectively but 10 have 75d/30u instead and share similar IP addresses which is obvious to DSLREPORTS as to which ISP is used, those 10 will get a lower rating.

Throw in even more variations and the fact to beat Bufferbloat, most (will) need to slow down their upload speed, in effect they'll lower their speed rating.

So if 50 people are tested, and 40 of them have an upload and down of 75Mbps respectively but 10 have 75d/30u instead and share similar IP addresses which is obvious to DSLREPORTS as to which ISP is used, those 10 will get a lower rating.

Throw in even more variations and the fact to beat Bufferbloat, most (will) need to slow down their upload speed, in effect they'll lower their speed rating.

thanks

Ive been playing around with my settings and I'm able to get 3 A but for my speed, I can only get either a D or F rating. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Ive been trying to play video games but anytime I'm playing i am lagging big time.

Taken from DSL Reports FAQs:

Speed Grades

Speed Grades are given based on the top speed vs others on the same technology, in the same country:

top 2% - A+
top 10% = A
top 20% - B
top 50% - C
top 80% - D
otherwise : F

Note that whether the grade is "good" or "bad" is open to interpretation. Higher speeds and therefore higher grades generally cost more. You may get an "A" or "A+" and be paying too much. You may get an "F" and yet have a good value connection.

Yeah that's exactly what I've noticed when it comes to getting a good BB rating,the speed in my case definitely has to be lower.

Archived