DNS settings for Bo3 on PS4

tjl118

DNS will make no difference because the game will not make DNS lookup queries to servers it is meant to run on. Game software will not make DNS requests like we humans intuitively do, so the only thing you should worry about is latency.

interesting. One thing i have seen for the PS4 is when i change the primary and secondary DNS on the PS4 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 the amount of down and up i receive on the PS4 changes. I have tested the readings from the PS4 with and without the change and the range definitely increases when i do this. Just curious though

The only explanation that I can think of for this is if your standard DNS provider is sending you to different test services or through some sort of limiting system. DNS shouldn't have any bearing on connection, but if the DNS you are using reports different IPs for addresses things can get weird.

interesting. One thing i have seen for the PS4 is when i change the primary and secondary DNS on the PS4 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 the amount of down and up i receive on the PS4 changes. I have tested the readings from the PS4 with and without the change and the range definitely increases when i do this. Just curious though

Archived