R1 resetted itself

hey guys

i woke up today and saw that my R1 resetted itself entirely during the night

all my geo-filter Allow and Deny are gone, all UPnP entries are gone, all devices in the device manager

basically a full reset except for the PPPoE entry

should this worry me?

its the first time that this happened

Guest Netduma_Iain

I've never seen that happen before. And based on how it works it would be extremely unlikely by mistake. You sure no one at your home pressed the reset button by any chance?

I've never seen that happen before. And based on how it works it would be extremely unlikely by mistake. You sure no one at your home pressed the reset button by any chance?

It happened to me twice and I told you about it.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I thought you upgraded without preserve settings, he's talking about .7 feature I believe.

Also the other thing is you make a change it takes 1 hour for it to persist but that wouldn't reset the entire machine as Od1n has been using it for quite a while now.

i also thought it was because of a energy shortage during the night but there was none

You sure no one at your home pressed the reset button by any chance?

no one touched it

incase this matters i had "auto cloud" and "edge cloud" off and used the latest cloud version by picking from the list (10-5-10)

could this be the reason?

the reset made my router "auto cloud" again btw

i went through the entire router menu and the ONLY settings that havent been reset where:

- Wifi menu: everything stayed, security mode, amount of wifi channels, ...

- LAN menu: setting IPv6 deactivated

- WAN menu: everything stayed, PPPoE, IPv6 deactivated, ...

any other setting, list or whatsoever you can adjust has been reset to default

i mean its odd, you would assume the three parts above would also reset as this would be how an actual factory reset would work out

incase this is of importance and you need infos or insight let me know iain

no it didnt reset

those 3 things havent reset, anything else has

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok so it wasn't our reset function.

Could you look out and see if it happens again. Chances are you've done something to cause it. I'm not blaming you I'm just saying I can't replicate it my end. So try recall the steps you have taken to get that result if you don't mind :)

and it just happened again, this time i was live in the internet and can give better feedback

the router crashed while i was connecting to a friend outside the geo-filter (hes on 100% allow)

internet and router offline for around 2-3 seconds, then everything was back again

router completely wiped except for:

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok mate, do you mind if I check it out after I get these new updates out. That means your database is never being persisted, it should be every hour. I'd need to check your router. Can you remind me in a week or so when the new updates are out please. 

oh sorry Iain for some reason my forum updater didnt show me your post, just happened to randomly check it out just to see you replied

sure ill let you know once the update is out :)

im on the coal mine firmware for around 2 days now and havent had such a reset again

Is there a way of telling how long the router has been connected or connection status? 

I hope mine has been connected for over a week now since I ditched the BT home hub 5 and reconnected the modem to the R1 but it would be nice to know..

Guest Netduma_Iain

Currently at the moment you can't Cajun. I would assume it has been connected the whole time if you haven't experienced any disconnection issues. 

Archived