A few observations and questions :)

bagsta69

Hi all, Just thought I would post a few observations after nearly a week of usage to make sure everything is working as it should. :)

I am in the UK but for the most part party up with friends in the USA.

I have got them past the geo filter so we can play AW together in a party and chat using the chat feature on PS4.

I am nearly always party leader and send invites out from my PS4 to others who then join me.

My geo filter is set to around 1000 KM with PA set to 50MS. (I am party leader in the UK)

When I go to get a game I find quite a few times the host will be in the USA and I will lag quite badly, is this because people in my party are in the USA?

After a few games and after hitting ctrl5 a few times on the laptop (running windows 8) I will then get hosts in Europe to which my USA friends connect fine with no noticeable lag and the R1 does it's thing for me allowing me to play the game with very little lag.

This is at around 01.00 - 04.00 hours UK time.

When it is time for me to pack up I try to make another member of the party leader but get a message saying we did not get a reply from (gamertag I tried to make leader) so you remain leader. Not a big problem at all as only takes a few seconds for them to party up again but just thought I would mention it.

And just as a note my last 5 games before using the R1 playing TDM on AW my KDR was 0.9.
after using the R1 since Tuesday of last week playing the same time of day the same game mode my last 5 games were returning a KDR of 3. :) (not brilliant by the standards of some people on here but a marked increase for me.

Thanks Team.

• Netduma Staff

If your GeoFilter is set properly then you should not get hosts from the US. It is prob3erly one of the people that you are playing with who have host. Or maybe you don't have strict mode enabled which could mean that you get hosts out of your GeoFilter range.

Not being able to transfer host could either be a NAT type issue with the player you are trying to transfer host to, but more commonly it is just the game. I always get that error message when trying to transfer host, and I know my friends have an open NAT, so probably a game issue.

Good to see that the router is helping you so much! :)

Thanks Crossy, I think it is one of my party who is hosting when I get a US host. I just wasn't sure if the geo filter would allow that with me being party leader, ( I do have strict ticked )no biggy.

Guest Netduma_Iain

HI bagsta69

I believe crossy is correct.

That I guess is the one downside with playing with US friends, is he is now able to be host because he's not filtered.  If however you're getting circles that are not sparkly(meaing they're allowed) it probably means you have strict mode off. If you can take a screenshot the next time it happens we can help. Thanks :)

Cheers Iain, nope they are sparkly and they are loving it. posting scores that I couldn't even dream of, lol.

Not really a problem as I have said as its usually only for a few games before host heads back to Europe, darn yankee doodles!!!! Plus its nearly always a win which is points for the clan, only four more levels for red tags :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Awesome man,

I used to play with a friend in Florida on Halo 3 when I was developing the router. I had the exact same thing happen to me, at least one of us was very happy each game lol

Archived