congestion control

strodoggydog

Thanks for the reply - perhaps I could have phrased the question better.

Lets assume R1 is not connected to internet, and the only traffic flowing is between connected devices.

Lets also assume I had 4 ps4 consoles set up for remote play on 4 ps vitas. Would the congestion control apply then?

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the reply - perhaps I could have phrased the question better.

Lets assume R1 is not connected to internet, and the only traffic flowing is between connected devices.

Lets also assume I had 4 ps4 consoles set up for remote play on 4 ps vitas. Would the congestion control apply then?

It doesn't. If it is communicating on the LAN side then congestion control etc don't apply :)

• Administrators

thanks for the confirmation.

in an extreme case, if I had significant LAN traffic, would this in turn affect the WAN based congestion control?

Thanks

It would be so negligible that it wouldn't be noticeable so no basically :)

It doesn't. If it is communicating on the LAN side then congestion control etc don't apply :)

Are you sure about this Crossy?  I was playing with CC last night and turned it down very low for testing and had issues connecting to LAN devices, even the R1 itself???

• Netduma Staff

Are you sure about this Crossy?  I was playing with CC last night and turned it down very low for testing and had issues connecting to LAN devices, even the R1 itself???

I asked Iain ages ago (so could possibly have changed since then as it was so long ago) but he said that things on the internal network just go through the hardware switch so the router does nothing to it :)

Archived