Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My PS4 BO3 Europe Net DUMA Setup/Settings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

HXP

HXP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

What algorithm are you using reactive or premptive?

I am using preemptive. Or should I use something else ?

I have also found out for the slider settings work like this very well

Download Cap = 54 %  -  60 %

Upload Cap = 40 % - 50 %

And in Congestion Control I have given 95 % to the Playstation 4

I have 50mbits Download Speed

and     5mbits  Upload  Speed given from my Internet Provider

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts
I get the best results whit the preemptive as well.

Remeber to gave same protization to your pc when you do testing for bufferbloat as you would do for your ps4.

Posted Image

HXP

HXP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

I get the best results whit the preemptive as well.

Remeber to gave same protization to your pc when you do testing for bufferbloat as you would do for your ps4.

Yeah True ! When I do testing Buffer Bloat I give 95 % to the PC. So I can test exactly the same settings.

Thank you Bro for guiding us all to this process. This all helped me a lot. The Only problem I have now is to set my router ( Fritz Box ) into Modem mode. But on the new Fritzbox I have they have removed this option. So I have to type in manually mac adress and wan ip and dhc and so on. I have to learn a little bit more about this stuff. But the Netduma can override this settings and everything works fine. So it is not absolutely necessary to do this but I think if I do it, it will be a little bit more fluid. Anyway Thank you all again. Amazing Forum and amazing people here. :)

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts

You are very welcome buddy. It was absolute pleasure helping you out. If you have any other question please ask. Maybe some of our German Users Can help you out whit Setting it up ether to modem mode or bridge mode. 

Posted Image

Corbula

Corbula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I was testing on both Reactive and Preemptive. I've just tried it again now and all I did was lower the cap's both to 70% and got a B on Quality. Strange.

This was on 70% and Reactive:

2202408.png

I tested on Preemptive as well but it was worse:

2202422.png

Granted though maybe I need to lower the caps more or something and mess around with it more but I think I would probably just leave it on 70% and Reactive when gaming.

xZOEx

xZOEx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Hey Lukasz which cmd box are you referring to, the one in the netduma internet diagnostics or on your PC? To check your ping while speed testing.

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts

I was testing on both Reactive and Preemptive. I've just tried it again now and all I did was lower the cap's both to 70% and got a B on Quality. Strange.

This was on 70% and Reactive:

2202408.png

I tested on Preemptive as well but it was worse:

2202422.png

Granted though maybe I need to lower the caps more or something and mess around with it more but I think I would probably just leave it on 70% and Reactive when gaming.

Try using preemptive whit the deep packet processing ticked in the settings 

Posted Image

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts

Hey Lukasz which cmd box are you referring to, the one in the netduma internet diagnostics or on your PC? To check your ping while speed testing.

The PC cmd box 

Posted Image

Corbula

Corbula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Try using preemptive whit the deep packet processing ticked in the settings 

I've just tried preemptive with deep packet ticket and got A+, A+. Then I tried the same on reactive and got and A+ for BB and a C for Quality. Then I put it back to preemptive and got an A+ for BB and a D for Quality.

I don't trust their grading for quality much unless it because you have to leave it a long time between each test I don't know.

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts

The second time did you did the Deep Packet proccesing as well?

Posted Image

Corbula

Corbula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Yes, I left Deep Packet Processing on for all 3 tests. That's why I don't really trust what that test is saying for Quality. It just seems to vary too much to be accurate.

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts

I have sent you a PM if you wish. Mine does not vary at all. 

Posted Image

Souaibou

Souaibou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
You don't know how much this helped me I've tried everything and I would still lag. I also have a 100mb connection I did everything you said and the games are much better not perfect but I can at the very least play

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts

You don't know how much this helped me I've tried everything and I would still lag. I also have a 100mb connection I did everything you said and the games are much better not perfect but I can at the very least play

That is some Great News buddy. I am very happy that it did make a difference for you. If you have any questions just ask. 

Posted Image

Souaibou

Souaibou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

That is some Great News buddy. I am very happy that it did make a difference for you. If you have any questions just ask.

I just wanted to know if there are times you tweek the settings because after a while in the same game I start to lag I mean this setting that you posted works I'd say 65% of the time, I'm just trying to have more consistent games

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts
i could have a look at your settings later today if you wish?

Posted Image

Souaibou

Souaibou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

i could have a look at your settings later today if you wish?

Ok yea

lukasz

lukasz

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,645 posts
I will late you know later in pm ok?

Posted Image

Souaibou

Souaibou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
OK

Taff

Taff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

i live in the USA but when i see success its something im gonna try.

friends