My PS4 BO3 Europe Net DUMA Setup/Settings

lukasz

So I have tried these settings and my NAT Type in game changed from open to moderate and strict. But when I did a test on my PS4 Network settings it says NAT Type 2. Just like you said. This is weird. Why does this game not know the correct NAT Type ? But what causes that ! I think it was the VPN settings.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before we go in to detail how was you gaming no these settings?

It was really good but I did not exactly use the same settings. I also have a few questions. I have the latest firmware and I dont have the option to choose playstation network I only have Playstation Network PA. And I also dont have option to untick peer ping. I did also not turn off ipv6. I did not untick unp forwarding in the miscellaneous settings section. And I also did not change Antiflood. I left everything as default 100 %. But I will change this because of Bufferbloat. I will try like 90 % or I will make some tests here http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest to see my results and then tweak it to the results I want. But thank you again for making this helpful post. Anymore tips and tricks are appreciated.

Sure buddy lest walk you trough your questions step by step.

First could you please tell me the exact version of firmware you are on( you can find it on the bottom of the routers page) and we will move step by step form there.

Sure buddy lest walk you trough your questions step by step.

First could you please tell me the exact version of firmware you are on( you can find it on the bottom of the routers page) and we will move step by step form there.

Thank you very much ! But in your Screenshots I can see you are running Admin mode on your Router. So I think I cant acces Admin mode. But let me check my Firmware again and tell it to you. I remember 2 days ago pressing the upgrade button and the Router Software said I am running the latest Version of Firmware.

Ok I have checked it and it says this

R1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd .

So it must be

Version 1.03.3

Here are my Results after changing to 90% and giving in Congestio Control 95 % to the PS4. Normally my PC has 50mbits Download and 5mbits Upload

2191803.png

And here are the Results with 100 % giving to PC

2191825.png

Bad Bufferbloat

Sure buddy. Lest first focus on firmware as you are not on tbe new one. Please FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS form this link carefully.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/

Please let me know how it goes.

Everything went well. I am on the new firmware now. Thank you very much ! What should I do now ?

Yes and I have also changed my settings to your setup ! Everything is just fine now. Thanks again for pushing me through :). I just have to play a little bit with my sliders in Congestion Control to fine tune my download and upload settings to give a good Buffer Bloat

I've been messing around with this, changing various settings and although I can get the bufferbloat to A or A+, I can't get the quality to move from F. I don't understand it. I'm on a fibre connection 80/20, anyone have any ideas?

I've been messing around with this, changing various settings and although I can get the bufferbloat to A or A+, I can't get the quality to move from F. I don't understand it. I'm on a fibre connection 80/20, anyone have any ideas?

You have an A for bufferbloat but not quality, I think mine was like that and I kept adjusting and retesting etc etc till I had all A's it pretty boring but you should be able to achieve. Unless your going wifi then I don't know.

What algorithm are you using reactive or premptive?

I am using preemptive. Or should I use something else ?

I have also found out for the slider settings work like this very well

Download Cap = 54 %  -  60 %

Upload Cap = 40 % - 50 %

And in Congestion Control I have given 95 % to the Playstation 4

I have 50mbits Download Speed

and     5mbits  Upload  Speed given from my Internet Provider

I get the best results whit the preemptive as well.

Remeber to gave same protization to your pc when you do testing for bufferbloat as you would do for your ps4.

I get the best results whit the preemptive as well.

Remeber to gave same protization to your pc when you do testing for bufferbloat as you would do for your ps4.

Yeah True ! When I do testing Buffer Bloat I give 95 % to the PC. So I can test exactly the same settings.

Thank you Bro for guiding us all to this process. This all helped me a lot. The Only problem I have now is to set my router ( Fritz Box ) into Modem mode. But on the new Fritzbox I have they have removed this option. So I have to type in manually mac adress and wan ip and dhc and so on. I have to learn a little bit more about this stuff. But the Netduma can override this settings and everything works fine. So it is not absolutely necessary to do this but I think if I do it, it will be a little bit more fluid. Anyway Thank you all again. Amazing Forum and amazing people here. :)

You are very welcome buddy. It was absolute pleasure helping you out. If you have any other question please ask. Maybe some of our German Users Can help you out whit Setting it up ether to modem mode or bridge mode. 

I was testing on both Reactive and Preemptive. I've just tried it again now and all I did was lower the cap's both to 70% and got a B on Quality. Strange.

This was on 70% and Reactive:

2202408.png

I tested on Preemptive as well but it was worse:

2202422.png

Granted though maybe I need to lower the caps more or something and mess around with it more but I think I would probably just leave it on 70% and Reactive when gaming.

I was testing on both Reactive and Preemptive. I've just tried it again now and all I did was lower the cap's both to 70% and got a B on Quality. Strange.

This was on 70% and Reactive:

2202408.png

I tested on Preemptive as well but it was worse:

2202422.png

Granted though maybe I need to lower the caps more or something and mess around with it more but I think I would probably just leave it on 70% and Reactive when gaming.

Try using preemptive whit the deep packet processing ticked in the settings 

Hey Lukasz which cmd box are you referring to, the one in the netduma internet diagnostics or on your PC? To check your ping while speed testing.

The PC cmd box 

Try using preemptive whit the deep packet processing ticked in the settings 

I've just tried preemptive with deep packet ticket and got A+, A+. Then I tried the same on reactive and got and A+ for BB and a C for Quality. Then I put it back to preemptive and got an A+ for BB and a D for Quality.

I don't trust their grading for quality much unless it because you have to leave it a long time between each test I don't know.

Archived