Black ops 3 sound whoring

daz

I am an audiophile I own the beyer t-1 the denon d7000 amongst others, the mixamp 2013 that I own sounds spot on using these cans perfect positioning, soundstage and quality.

I am wondering why you think it sounds bad Od1n?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pricewise the DSS1 (if no chat is needed) and the DSS2 (if chat is needed) give the best audio for the money

their audio quality comes very close to really high end audio cards that cost a few hundred dollars

in the gaming dolby decoder market the DSS gives the best quality

you can commonly find used DSS1 and DSS2 for around 10-20$ on ebay incase you want to give it a try

the DSS2 has frequency distortion options if you want to boost footsteps similar to the mixamp pro tr (i dont recommend doing that, the original audio is still the best way to pinpoint positions)

again this is just a suggestion incase you want to go for the full audio range, since you already like your current setup a lot theres nothing wrong with not keeping it :)

Thank you for the suggestion.  The Sennheiser Game One is an integrated headset and mic.  Would I be able to plug this directly into the DSS2 without having to plug into the DS4 controller?

i got these for my son for xmas... dont really keep up with astros, what is the difference with the new TR version? not that i would pay that premium for their current model though.

i got these for my son for xmas... dont really keep up with astros, what is the difference with the new TR version? not that i would pay that premium for their current model though.

Nothing besides a programmable mix amp and swappable parts to "customize" them

I am an audiophile I own the beyer t-1 the denon d7000 amongst others, the mixamp 2013 that I own sounds spot on using these cans perfect positioning, soundstage and quality.

I am wondering why you think it sounds bad Od1n?

the mixamp suffers from the different physical mixers that are all chained into the line, every mixer will degrade the sound quality slighty

theres more that also degrades the sound quality which i would have to look up

to make it sort, try out a different dolby decoder if you have one (eg av receiver with dolby headphone or as i said a cheap DSS2 from ebay) and youll see how much clearer and cleaner the dolby sound is compared to the mixamp

im not talking about figuring out audio positions or soundstage but overall sound quality :)

Thank you for the suggestion.  The Sennheiser Game One is an integrated headset and mic.  Would I be able to plug this directly into the DSS2 without having to plug into the DS4 controller?

if you dont want to use the controller for chat audio you will need a cheap 2-3$ usb soundcard that you attach to the DSS2

wiring will look like this, the mic cable from the sennheiser = antlion modmic in the picture

custom_ps4_audio_setup.jpg?token_hash=AA

• 3 weeks later...

if you dont want to use the controller for chat audio you will need a cheap 2-3$ usb soundcard that you attach to the DSS2

wiring will look like this, the mic cable from the sennheiser = antlion modmic in the picture

custom_ps4_audio_setup.jpg?token_hash=AA

Thank you very much.  I tried the DSS2 with this configuration.  I tried the various presets and sound angles.  I found that the Mixamp Pro TR worked slightly better with the custom eq settings.  

• 1 month later...

Archived