Black ops 3 sound whoring

daz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM incoming if you would not mind sir.

PM incoming if you would not mind sir.

I am a music addict so I have a few pair of high end phones the Beyerdynamic t-1 being the best for gaming followed by the Sony mdr900ma's they both give an out of head experience due to their wide soundstage, both have pin point accuracy.

Paired with an Astro mix amp in Dolby surround, awareness, dead silence and I can hear people across the map :)

Dillinger, I took Zennon's recommendation on the Sony mdr900ma's a couple months ago, and I can definitely say he was giving great advice. They're a great mid range set of cans. The Beyerdynamic's were out of my $ range.  ( if that was what your PM was about anyway)

Dillinger, I took Zennon's recommendation on the Sony mdr900ma's a couple months ago, and I can definitely say he was giving great advice. They're a great mid range set of cans. The Beyerdynamic's were out of my $ range.  ( if that was what your PM was about anyway)

I told D that you had bought some also and to have a word to see how you like them for gaming :)

They are so light and the soundstage is bang on and if bought from japan they are very cheap too.

Were your ears burning Major?  LOL  Z was sharing that story with me as well and I was looking at pricing on them.  They seem completely within my cost center, though the big "discontinued" marker is a bit worrisome.

Z is tailoring some answers for me and I will post up an update/review if I end up going with a new type to try.

Were your ears burning Major?  LOL  Z was sharing that story with me as well and I was looking at pricing on them.  They seem completely within my cost center, though the big "discontinued" marker is a bit worrisome.

Z is tailoring some answers for me and I will post up an update/review if I end up going with a new type to try.

I ordered the cans set from Japan and they arrived in just over a week.  To back them up I picked up the antlion modmic, but I just noticed they also have a noise cancelling version.  I would go with those instead because the open end headphone let a lot of sound out.  During crazy explosive moments I notice my mic transmitting, but no one has said they're hearing my game when I asked them. Transmitting ones game to the rest of the people on your team through your own mic is one of the most annoying things ever.

http://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone/dp/B00R98JVVU/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1449266080&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=Antlion+Audio+ModMic

and you'll need one of these adapters:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Position-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B00CPEZ4J6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449265792&sr=1-4&keywords=startech.

I'm using the astro mixamp with this set up. The Sony's are 10x the set of headphones when compared to the Astros.  You will definitely hear new things in games that you've already logged 100's of hours in.

I ordered the cans set from Japan and they arrived in just over a week.  To back them up I picked up the antlion modmic, but I just noticed they also have a noise cancelling version.  I would go with those instead because the open end headphone let a lot of sound out.  During crazy explosive moments I notice my mic transmitting, but no one has said they're hearing my game when I asked them. Transmitting ones game to the rest of the people on your team through your own mic is one of the most annoying things ever.

http://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone/dp/B00R98JVVU/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1449266080&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=Antlion+Audio+ModMic

and you'll need one of these adapters:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Position-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B00CPEZ4J6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449265792&sr=1-4&keywords=startech.

I'm using the astro mixamp with this set up. The Sony's are 10x the set of headphones when compared to the Astros.  You will definitely hear new things in games that you've already logged 100's of hours in.

I switched back to the sonys tonight after talking about them and dam they are good.

I am going to be using these again now, I seem to cycle between them :)

I switched back to the sonys tonight after talking about them and dam they are good.

I am going to be using these again now, I seem to cycle between them :)

Damn it.  I could have gone all night without reading that, now you have me hovering over the add to cart button.  LOL

I have the tb stealth 500p,s and soundwhore fine with em, was thinking about getting a set of the 800's.

Compared to Advanced Warfare you can soundwhore without headphones on this release,

Anybody got a set of the 800's that could give a review?

I have a pair of the Earforce Tango's but my current solution is better. I now use them as a wireless solution to watch movies and tv shows wireless from my TV at night.

I have full range EQ with the X7, so I can tweak on the fly in any game.

How many others can say they hear people using dead silence without needing occupy perk 3 with awareness?

BD T1, Senn HD800/800s and AudioTechnica AD2000X all appeal to me for gaming.

Ive always wanted to have the HD800 but I bought the T1 as an end game and have to keep telling myself that when I get the urge for something else lol.

I have a pair of the Earforce Tango's but my current solution is better. I now use them as a wireless solution to watch movies and tv shows wireless from my TV at night.

I have full range EQ with the X7, so I can tweak on the fly in any game.

How many others can say they hear people using dead silence without needing occupy perk 3 with awareness?

I don't use the awareness perk often and I hear pretty much everything except the guy who I kill fart as he craps his pants.

3arc isnt a soundwhoring release... you want to soundwhore play IW stuff. 

BO3 isn't at Ghosts level but it isn't far behind either.  It's so easy to soundwhore in this game.  Even if they have dead silence equipped you can still hear them coming behind you by the rattling of their gear or a boost from their jetpack. 

I play on PS4 with the Turtle Beach 500p.  I like the wireless aspects and the sound and mic are good.  The only draw back is that they are not as comfortable as I would like for longer periods of gaming.

Do you guys have any suggestions for new setup with mic, amp & headset around $300 US total?  I would prefer to stay wireless but could deal with wired. 

I tell you what, this thread opened my eyes to the "other" noises that my character makes while running Dead Silence.  Tingling, jingling, scorestreak call outs ("launching RC-XD") and tons of ambient noise.  What the hell?  

I tell you what, this thread opened my eyes to the "other" noises that my character makes while running Dead Silence.  Tingling, jingling, scorestreak call outs ("launching RC-XD") and tons of ambient noise.  What the hell?  

Not so dead silent.

Yeah whoring is still possible on us.

Not so dead silent.

Yeah whoring is still possible on us.

I never would have even thought to listen for it, if not for this thread.  Now that I can hear that sound, it has made me almost paranoid.  LOL  I love, love, LOVE running around the map with nothing but ambient noise or game action.  It allows me to roam and flank all over the place, so now I am turning and boost jumping in 180 degree rotations when I hear a pin drop.  I look like the most paranoid rabbit in the room...LOL

Archived