Black ops 3 sound whoring

daz

What headsets and settings does everyone use on xbox one? I've got an xp500 and I don't find the sound all that great and only enemy movement I hear is when they immediately on me avd to late to react and sometimes no sound at all, unless ofcourse I turn the volume up louder but then my eardrums feel like they Gona explode when I fire my gun lol. On my 360 I used to use an old tb x1 wired stereo headset avd it was brilliant the sound was amazing and the headset was well made for such a cheap headset especially when compared to the newer xo four that I bought for my son... My xp500's also suffer from interference which is a seperate issue I hope to fix but should really disable all wifi first to make sure that's the issue lol cause these are Gona have to do me for now while I dream of astro's lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah for sure soundwhoring is back with a vengeance.It's not quite what it was in ghosts but I find that if I'm not running dead silence,people are whipping around on me so I know they hear me coming,even when I'm crouch walking.

So much for vaugh saying "no crutch perks in BO3" I think there are 2-3 at least DS being one of them.

I can hear footsteps fine.

I feel that the "headset" in the games audio settings is the best. It lifts the hights (footsteps) more than the other settings.

I use Sennheiser HD598 headphones connected to a FiiO Dac and headphone amplifier. This one also lets me set treble and bass manually so I can lift footsteps even more with these adjustments. The FiiO is connected to a Astro mixamp (I also plug my mic in the mixamp).

Gotta run the awareness perk. I got some A-40's but looking into getting some Fidelio's.

ye I run awareness , never heard of fidelios , a40s plus mix amp I want :(

ye I run awareness , never heard of fidelios , a40s plus mix amp I want :(

day,I deleted your double post.And Fidelios are awesome,X1 or X2...I think santa is bringing Buck some X1's

I have the Philips Fidelio X2 and the Sound Blaster X7, I can hear people who use dead silence in BO3.

What?!  Bastard!  That was you who took me off my G.I. Unit gun streak last night??  LOL

I run Astro A50's, but I watched a video by Thunder and he recommended moving from Supercrunch to Deep Bass (or something like that) and I have been running that for weeks now.

If I pair Dead Silence and Awareness, it's almost too much audio input for my feeble little mind.  Like on Aquarium, I can hear guys doing reload call outs and footsteps INSIDE where 'B' dom is while I am outside on the left side switchback, or watching the pond with the double jump rock.  That's too much audio, I want to hear peaking and trailing foot steps, which is about what Dead Silence gives me without being too much.

I don't think there is a perk, other than Dead Silence, that I have to run.  I choose to run Ghost on every class, but if I don't have anything good unlocked, I still run a launcher and get several scrapped enemy equipment medals each game.  Honestly if you aren't carrying a launcher, you are just missing out on free points.  The things lock on so fast I can kill your UAV or CUAV before you get a second sweep.  OP?  Maybe, but it's free points and incredibly satisfying to shoot down three birds in a row and not hear a single scorestreak from the other team for like 3 game minutes...LOL

I will say this, to anyone reading this, if you are trying to play this game like BO2, or previous CoD's, there is no mystery in my mind why you are getting slapped.  This is a whole new Meta game and you can't approach it with your book of tricks from previous titles. 

I am a music addict so I have a few pair of high end phones the Beyerdynamic t-1 being the best for gaming followed by the Sony mdr900ma's they both give an out of head experience due to their wide soundstage, both have pin point accuracy.

Paired with an Astro mix amp in Dolby surround, awareness, dead silence and I can hear people across the map :)

I run Astro A50's, but I watched a video by Thunder and he recommended moving from Supercrunch to Deep Bass (or something like that) and I have been running that for weeks now.

If I pair Dead Silence and Awareness, it's almost too much audio input for my feeble little mind. Like on Aquarium, I can hear guys doing reload call outs and footsteps INSIDE where 'B' dom is while I am outside on the left side switchback, or watching the pond with the double jump rock. That's too much audio, I want to hear peaking and trailing foot steps, which is about what Dead Silence gives me without being too much.

I don't think there is a perk, other than Dead Silence, that I have to run. I choose to run Ghost on every class, but if I don't have anything good unlocked, I still run a launcher and get several scrapped enemy equipment medals each game. Honestly if you aren't carrying a launcher, you are just missing out on free points. The things lock on so fast I can kill your UAV or CUAV before you get a second sweep. OP? Maybe, but it's free points and incredibly satisfying to shoot down three birds in a row and not hear a single scorestreak from the other team for like 3 game minutes...LOL

I will say this, to anyone reading this, if you are trying to play this game like BO2, or previous CoD's, there is no mystery in my mind why you are getting slapped. This is a whole new Meta game and you can't approach it with your book of tricks from previous titles.

Adapt or get left behind! I like it. I'll try the bass thing. I run A 50's on my One and I'm satisfied. I'm always open to better things (I know they're out there (X1,2 or whatever).

I am a music addict so I have a few pair of high end phones the Beyerdynamic t-1 being the best for gaming followed by the Sony mdr900ma's they both give an out of head experience due to their wide soundstage, both have pin point accuracy.

Paired with an Astro mix amp in Dolby surround, awareness, dead silence and I can hear people across the map :)

PM incoming if you would not mind sir.

sounds like you guys are talking way out my budget lol

If you have a nice pair of headphones a mixamp and the proper clip on mic would be affordable. There are plenty of affordable headphones out there and a proper used mixamp off of eBay or Amazon should be fairly priced.

I have a nice set of vmoda headphones and a boom mic pro for the PS4 which my son uses and they sound great even without the mixamp.

the astro mix amp?

If you have a nice pair of headphones a mixamp and the proper clip on mic would be affordable. There are plenty of affordable headphones out there and a proper used mixamp off of eBay or Amazon should be fairly priced.

I have a nice set of vmoda headphones and a boom mic pro for the PS4 which my son uses and they sound great even without the mixamp.

I'm using AKG-K702's and they are by far the best referencing headphones I've ever heard.  You can easily pick up people that are running dead silence with these. Even though their footsteps are silenced a great deal, you can easily pinpoint the "jingling" sound of their equipment when they ADS or move about with these.  This has saved me and gotten me countless kills.

They are pricey but the sound range of them are second to none.  I use a modmic 4.0 and DSS2 with them.  DSS2 speakers set at 45 degree sound angle, with mid range boost, and in game set to headphones = easy kills. 

If you're looking for cheap set of headphones, the Playstation Gold are actually pretty dang good for the price.

I'm using AKG-K702's and they are by far the best referencing headphones I've ever heard.  You can easily pick up people that are running dead silence with these. Even though their footsteps are silenced a great deal, you can easily pinpoint the "jingling" sound of their equipment when they ADS or move about with these.  This has saved me and gotten me countless kills.

Blasphemy! :huh:   Heresy!   :mellow: What is this magic?  :o  Dead Silence is my go to for sneaky beaver action. :ph34r:  Time to upgrade earcans, I can see that coming a mile away...LOL

sounds like you guys are talking way out my budget lol

I too am about to upgrade to some A40 TRs... currently Im running with TurtleBeach XOSeven Pros... They arnt terribly expensive now and they do a fine job with awareness/Deadsilence attached or I sometimes dont even use awareness and they are good... If I were you first thing is change your audio to Supercrunch (or High Boost, just depends what you like), Also have your multiplayer music & dialog disabled. Finally go into the advanced sound settings and do as follows:

Voice Volume: 10

Music Volume: 0

SFX Volume: 10

Cinematics Volume: 6

(This to me is the "Ideal" Sound whore set up if your just rocking a cheap $80-150 set of headphones, most of these setting will apply to getting rid of any unwanted noises.) Once I have a better headset I have a feeling with these setting I could hear the sweat fall off the competition..  :)

Archived