Uncharted 4 MP

tobi

Hi there Netduma Team, 

are you planning to look into the Uncharted 4 MP? The Beta is running now :) Any inputs on it?

They have stated that they want to support it.  To support it they will need some testers, I don't have the beta otherwise I would definitely help.  How are you liking the beta thus far?

Hi there Netduma Team, 

are you planning to look into the Uncharted 4 MP? The Beta is running now :) Any inputs on it?

Also, do you have the Netduma R1?  If you do, there is a chance that the geofilter will work with the game already.  That was the case with The Last of Us.

Yea sure i got the R1 :) 

I see that the geofilter works but i really don't trust it that much anymore, for new titles :) (based on my Blackops 3 and Halo 5 experience - but i know that most of the problems came from the game itself especially halo 5)

And yes im in the Beta right now and its freaking Awesome for a Beta. Im a Uncharted MP Fan since Uncharted 2. That was my first Console Online Game that i take really serious. Before that i was PC only. So im very excited for Uncharted 4 right now.

Yea sure i got the R1 :) 

I see that the geofilter works but i really don't trust it that much anymore, for new titles :) (based on my Blackops 3 and Halo 5 experience - but i know that most of the problems came from the game itself especially halo 5)

And yes im in the Beta right now and its freaking Awesome for a Beta. Im a Uncharted MP Fan since Uncharted 2. That was my first Console Online Game that i take really serious. Before that i was PC only. So im very excited for Uncharted 4 right now.

Awesome!  

My understanding is that the primary reason why halo and bo3 didn't work great at launch is because they use dedicated servers, so it's difficult to go around the world and whitelist all of those servers.  However games like Uncharted and The Last of Us use PvP, so it should in theory work right out the box because they don't really need to go around whitelisting servers.

I'm a big Uncharted MP fan as well, I was disappointed that you have to buy the Uncharted collection in order to get in the beta, I've already bought them all twice, so I didn't want to do it a third time.

• Administrators

Hi tobi,

Yes wrathoftank is correct, we need to find the servers before we can Geo-Filter a game.

If you'd like to help us, please can you pm Fraser (not me I'm Iain, but Netduma_Fraser) and arrange a 1 on 1. He will then try port the game while you play.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Sure thing! Glad when i can help you guys. i will fraser now when im on

Thanks a lot for your efforts Tobi and team. I am excited to have UC4 supported with the Netduma. I have tried the beta with the duma and the matchmaking got extremely slow sometimes which is why I had to turn it off but matchmaking by Naughty Dog is pretty bad to begin with and on top of that you put in a Geo filter things get sticky but yes it would be great if we could work to see how best we could set this up.

Do let me know if you guys need more beta testers on this. I will be playing UC4 like a crazy kid when it comes out!

-RyukDG

• 1 month later...

Guys - the game is out and i would really appreciate it if you could look into this now. The Game is out and i played all day multiplayer yesterday, i got the game early and finished sp on Sunday ;) Now i want to dominate with my duma - I know its a host based game but i really dont know if uncharted will work with the geo filter and all that! In the Beta it has had some hiccups - or maybe i dont get some settings right. Hope you guys play the multiplayer too because its totally worth it and awesome as fuuuaaack :D (im an uncharted 2 vet so im biased as hell)

There are definitely no dedi servers for this game. Maybay for matchmaking but never ever for the sessions. I would love to help you out by testing the settings for the duma. I will report later today with my settings and if it works with what you mentioned Fraser. 

I would definitly be interested in your findings Tobi . When i apply the settings Frasier suggested i get lag, bad hit detection, game freezes and the screen will go black at times until the match finishes. Using the Netduma on p2p games it seems to handle it with no problems but for Uncharted 4 for me this is not the case. As soon as i disable the geo-filter i dont get the problems described above ( except the lag caused by distant hosts ) Hopefully someone can figure this out as i would love to use the geo-filter with this game and would be willing to help any way i can.

Its hard to find games with geo filter and strickt on. Basicly i cant find any game this way. Its like Kage79 says. Exact same problem with my experience so far. I think they use a server for the matchmaking. So thats why strict mode does not work. Because we don't know where this server is. At least i cant identify it. 

Jup. Maybe im not that experienced with the netduma and have a setting wrong or something. I would love to find out how U4 works and if you guys could fix this for us! 
I play with people from around the world and thats a problem ^^ I would love to help you guys with more and better informations if i could!

I think this game this game works in a similar way to Destiny where its p2p but has a seperate server for matchmaking but i could not locate it myself .

I think the EU Server is in Dublin, Paris or Holland. (Thats where most of the servers are located when it came to gamehosting from sony and xbox) I put the geo filter on and strict too. My home location is southwest germany - 300m away from the switzerland border. RPkVPqu.png?1

And here when the match is started: 

4Bvvk82.png

But its not optimal at all - people have disconnects, their connection indicator is not shown correctly and thinks like that. I dont know if those errors happen because of the duma or the game itself. It works, but it doesn't feel right. Hard to tell - but ill take it as it is right now. Hope this helps. If you live in another part of the world, you have to find your matchmaking server by your self ;) 

Definitely have a hard time finding games with the geo filter enabled or when trying to use ping assist only.  I think I found a few matchmaking servers in the US.  Haven't seen them anywhere else though.  Let me know if you need help testing, forgot how much it sucks to play with people of over 200ms ping times.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Another problem is that you can't tell who is the host because all the red circle is big. Can't block a bad host if you can't tell who to block. Thanks

That sounds like you were the host and it's P2P! 

I'll take a look very soon.

Archived