Can somebody please please please help me?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is beggining to cause real issues now at home.

I have already disabled the TT router wifi, i have changed channels now 3 times and wireless devices still keep losing the r1.

Its been half term this week and the mrs and kids have been going mental.

My phone, laptop and lads xbox one just lost signal all at the same time and wouldnt reconnect.

Before i switched the r1 off i wired the laptop into r1 and the control panel was available. Nothing wireless would reconnect until i switched the r1 off and on again.

Any other suggestions?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Are you available today? To be honest i don't know what the problem is, because I can't see any errors in the log. But if you have time today we can try some stuff out and figure out whats causing it.

Everything connected to the r1.

Why dont you connect all other devices to your main router and just connect your games console to the Duma, oh and maybe your laptop so you can access the GUI. Thats i have my set up and my main router is fine with all other wireless devices.

RADDY1993 that defeats the object. The congestion control will not be working for all other devices causing lag if anything else on the network is used other than your Xbox/PS.

Ok never thought of it like that so lets say i connect everything to the Duma, my PC, Sky+ box, PS4 and Android devises, whats your recommendation for the congestion set up. I will be mainly using the PS4 and the PC for light web browsing and to view my Dumd GF page whilst in game. the other stuff is not really important as they are rarely used. Below is how my Congestion page looks.

dddeee7daf.jpg

RADDY1993 I set my congestion to control to 70% as suggested by Iain and the team I use the reactive algorithm and leave my device prioritisation as is.

If you then want to dl a film or something else you can change them to 100% while you do it , if no one else is about to get full speed out of your line or if there is somebody else on your network leave them at 70% and they will see no increase in ping :)

Marc , yes it is great for finding the best channel, on the channel graph page look to see the lest users in a numbered area , if you are in a heavey populated area you will get some overlaps but try to over lap on low powered signals rather than high powered.

You mention you are doing this so you have the best set up you can.

RADDY1993 I set my congestion to control to 70% as suggested by Iain and the team I use the reactive algorithm and leave my device prioritisation as is.

If you then want to dl a film or something else you can change them to 100% while you do it , if no one else is about to get full speed out of your line or if there is somebody else on your network leave them at 70% and they will see no increase in ping :)

Marc , yes it is great for finding the best channel, on the channel graph page look to see the lest users in a numbered area , if you are in a heavey populated area you will get some overlaps but try to over lap on low powered signals rather than high powered.

You mention you are doing this so you have the best set up you can.

So this is the best way to have it ?

571d8f1898.jpg

You have it on preemtive , during my tests using adsl and fibre to keep a low ping while downloading and using CC then reactive works out the best.

For me i get ping spikes using preemtive on either adsl or fibre, mileage may very.

They say anything over 50mb and use reactive. for me it was for any speed use reactive.

You have it on preemtive , during my tests using adsl and fibre to keep a low ping while downloading and using CC then reactive works out the best.

For me i get ping spikes using preemtive on either adsl or fibre, mileage may very.

They say anything over 50mb and use reactive. for me it was for any speed use reactive.

Interesting :) im on Sky Fibre 40/10 so might try Reactive.

Archived