New York / California Experiment

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm having the same experience as Dansby. I turned off the Xbox Live PA and turned on just the normal Xbox Live and set my filter to about 600 miles. I was getting put in the Seattle dedicated server even though that across the country. Strict mode was off because I couldn't find any games with Strict Mode on. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Actually can we reschedule to 10pm GMT please so I guess 5pm EST?

Alex you need to use PA now please. With PA mode where were the lobbies you guys were getting?

alpha TG you should be able to ping any host, also why are hosts appearing outside your lobby?

I went back to PA. I keep getting put into the Seattle dedicated server which seems to ping OK but the games are really laggy. To me, it's a pretty terrible server.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Alpha TG they are dedicated servers man,

Alex, what is the ping for the Seattle host approximately. If its a wrong location can you send me the ID please if you have it

Guest Netduma_Iain

Tomorrow Remington, yes please :)

Alpha TG have you selected "Xbox Live PA" or "Playstation Network PA" at the top right?

Alex I think you may have to wait till .8 

So what's going on with this? Last night was friggen awful, and I'm at a point where I know longer know what to do, other than stop playing all together.

It was pretty terrible for me the last week I've played. I've experimented a bit with running the geofilter and actually turning it off. There hasn't really been much of a difference. I actually think it has something to do with the matchmaking in AW.

I haven't tried blops2 yet so I can't comment, but I think I'm just going to play blops2 tomorrow night for the whole night.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi gunzby I'm actually working with dan on it hopefully these experiments help us pin it down. Dan is having very strange results. For you are you getting the low ping lobbies but with dedis you don't like?

Another NY'er here (Long Island) - I was getting connected to Seattle and even Mexico yesterday with a range of 200 miles. I tried ping assist off and on and it didn't matter.

I also pulled host myself about 70% of the time. But that's probably due to the range I set, correct?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Mike, it would be really great if you could help us out this afternoon.

Onto your issue, it sounds like you haven't selected "Xbox Live PA" or "Playstation Network PA" :)

I experimented with PA set between 30 and 50, I'm still seeing ping spikes like we spoke about a week or two ago.

When will you guys be testing today, I'll be playing due to weather here again (still snowing, and snowing, and snowing) lol

Archived