Developers - Public Web Services

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi guys,

I would like to start working on creating and documenting the routers web services. This means you can develop your own UI for example:

• Use google maps instead of Geo-filter map
  • Develop apps for mobiles & tablets

So lets get the ball rolling, if you're interested in this let me know and we can start working on it :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Hey Mike,

The new startup sounds like fun, can you go into details(DM if so). If you do have time let me know :)

Just in case any one is interested Mike was the first beta tester.

in, with one stipulation...eat your own dog food (As long as this api, is the same api as you use)

don't want to be writing second class citizens...you'll also need to enable ssl and use basic auth for the validations...then oauth for the api calls.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Abc even if I wanted to I couldn't be bothered to make two APIs.

So if you are in on this which part would you like to work on first?  Also we will need some standard product contract for using our API but we can discuss that first if it concerns you but I doubt it. 

Abc even if I wanted to I couldn't be bothered to make two APIs.

So if you are in on this which part would you like to work on first?  Also we will need some standard product contract for using our API but we can discuss that first if it concerns you but I doubt it. 

Should be fine, depends on which we need to I guess.

I imagine netduma would like to see iOS app first?

Well the Duma lawyers need to write up a usage agreement meaning that Developers can't implement features that aren't of the intended use of the netduma.

Next comes, any and all additional or new features thought of or created by a third party developer must be vetted by the netduma crew and then approved. This is where you'll could add any and all new features using this api become the property of netduma but you better believe I won't be adding new features with that in place.

Finally, if a third party developer writes an app ios, android, windows, desktop...any fee charged by the the third party developer must be approved by netduma and x% is required to be paid to netduma. These fees are technically optional on netduma's part but I'd imagine you'd want a cut of the profits

• 1 month later...

Archived