XB1/COD NAT Type Help

Sooo I got it hooked up and currently XB1 is Moderate NAT type and COD AW is Strict. Have no idea how to set it up with new router i just hooked up last week.

ARRIS Touchstone SBG6782

Was wondering if anyone of the admin/mods can help me with this through Teamviewer? Mostly because I think ill just end up screwing something up. 

post-699-0-40516200-1423697118_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Hi,

If you follow this page here on the Wiki, you will be able to get your NAT type open :)

I think you will be able to find the DMZ section in firewall section of your router that I saw from the screen shot. If it isn't there look in advanced settings but I think it will be in firewall.

Then just put the IP of your Netduma, not 192.168.88.1, but the one called WAN IP in device manager.

Then just restart your console, disable your GeoFilter as you connect to multiplayer and you should have an open NAT. You can re-enable you GeoFilter once you are on multiplayer.

Hope this has helped you :)

The set up that works for me is default set up in first router I.e dont change anything.

Make sure the duma is not in the other routers dmz.

In the Duma click settings > miscellaneous > put a tick against Enable upnp forwarding. reboot the duma.

• Netduma Staff

The set up that works for me is default set up in first router I.e dont change anything.

Make sure the duma is not in the other routers dmz.

In the Duma click settings > miscellaneous > put a tick against Enable upnp forwarding. reboot the duma.

I think that this only works if the other router has UPnP also enabled on it. I think that DMZ is best as it ensures that all ports will be open to the Netduma if it needs them. As long as he has entered the correct IP address into the DMZ field on his other router he should get an open NAT type.

It is also important that you do not have any port forwarding rules on the other router. If you do, an these are ports needed by the game you are paying, they won't get opened to the Netduma by the DMZ because they are being forward somewhere else.

• Netduma Staff

Yes no settings changed in first router so upnp on , i do this set up so the fire wall protects the duma if it is dmz'd it does not.

The Netduma has its own firewall, but I understand why you have done it, and if it works then its all good :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm here to help. I don't quite understand how you have it setup, I assume its this:

Modem > Motorola > Duma

Or maybe the Motorola is a modem. If that is the case then you should put the "WAN IP" from the device manager in the DMZ of the Motorola router. But you then say:

Cant change the DMZ Host because if i do that then i wont be able to open up the netduma site. 

That doesn't really make sense, unless there is something incorrect about the setup. So firstly can you explain the physical layout please.

Cheers

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok PhatomJ in the "Device Manager" on the Duma does it say the WAN IP is 192.168.0.7 ?

If so is the setup

modem > Motorola > duma ?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Cant seem to open file. What program do you use to view it? sig files 

You dont open it on your computer, if you read the instructions on how to upgrade it tells you what to do with the file after some other steps :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Lol sorry a little sleep deprived thought the instructions would be on the file somewhere.  XD

Haha no problem! Nope just the instructions in the thread :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks for the help, NATs Open now :)

I really thought it was update thing before but on basic it said i had latest firmware so i was a little confused before. 

Thats great :D Yeah it used to be available but its currently been disabled. 

Archived