Tech Support Update

Netduma Iain

Okay ive been thinking about this one alot so here it comes.. When i play fifa 1 on 1 and i get an oponent from UK (im from Norway) 9 out of 10 times i lose the match due to lag or ping im not sure . if im playing against a player from France or Germany i win 8 out of 10 , so my idea is if it would be possible to lets say have another circle or something that will block some area and you wont be connecting to them and you can still have your location set to where you live if that makes sense , i havent slept in 20 hours i hope im making sense :) thank you netduma you're awesome!!!

As long as you have the ping assist set to 0 and geo filter where you want then you shouldnt get anyone outside the circle.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Change the DISABLE/ENABLE for geo filter.  Make it a ENABLE box that is either ticked or not ticked.  DISABLE means enabled and vice versa is too damn confusing.

He's already done it  :) Read a few posts up and I linked a tweet from Iain showing it.

I'm not sure if this is the intended idea but for game profiles, I'm hoping they don't come pre-configured, I would hope to be able to manually type in the game(s) name and type in the settings i.e. CC etc... and save that as "Profile 1" for example.

At least 5 profiles would be cool imo. It'd be awesome to be able to change them on the fly from say BO2, to BO3 or even AW or say Halo 5 etc...

Can make presets for various geo filters - i.e. preset 1 home in ocean, small radius PA at 50; preset 2 home in between Dallas & Kansas with a radius around them PA at 0 strict on, preset 3 home in Colorado with most of western US selected in radius.

As long as you have the ping assist set to 0 and geo filter where you want then you shouldnt get anyone outside the circle.

i know but im trying to get to france and germany and its impossible ignoring uk if setting my location to norway , but again its not a big deal 

Hey guys so ive noticed that ive been getting this message after running a speed test on ps4 the router in use might not support ip fragment ... Ive got the MTU set at auto so im not sure how to fix this anyone have the same issue?

go here http://www.letmecheck.it and check you're MTU. Enter that value into the MTU settings. I believe it is in two places - LAN and WAN on the router. Auto MTU on your router should be selecting the best value but it sounds like it is not. Manually enter the value that the program's recommends into the router and do the same for the PlayStation because I know you can change it in the PlayStation as well. Let us know if this works.

go here http://www.letmecheck.it and check you're MTU. Enter that value into the MTU settings. I believe it is in two places - LAN and WAN on the router. Auto MTU on your router should be selecting the best value but it sounds like it is not. Manually enter the value that the program's recommends into the router and do the same for the PlayStation because I know you can change it in the PlayStation as well. Let us know if this wJ

Just did this, site said i could have 1500 so ive set that but still getting the same message on PS4

• 3 weeks later...

how about a reviewable settings packet that could be made by forum admins and downloaded to the router. people could explain their situations on the forum and more capable guys could solve it. then the next guy with a similar situation could use the same set

• Netduma Staff

how about a reviewable settings packet that could be made by forum admins and downloaded to the router. people could explain their situations on the forum and more capable guys could solve it. then the next guy with a similar situation could use the same set

I think Iain's done settings that you can share (twitter.com/netduma_iain/status/676433702944178177) :)

I think Iain's done settings that you can share (twitter.com/netduma_iain/status/676433702944178177) :)

aw, not again. every time I think I've had a good idea Crossy pulls out something like this. stop that ;)

then again it means iain is way way ahead of me cause he has already done it. well done sir!

Hello,

Since we've added so many features since we launched. I'm going to work on a mini upgrade this week. With the goal of making the router simpler to use. We already have a list of tasks. For example when you input your speeds the upgrade will automatically configure the router to handle those speeds. If you have any suggestions for making it easier to use please let me know & I'll try implement it in the upgrade.

Finally we are going to make a bunch of youtube videos this week explaining how to use the router optimally. People find different configurations work for them so we'll explain what each feature does and how you can make the most of it.

Cheers

Iain

Possibly an automatic bandwidth / speed detection test? Rather than having to add my bandwidth in the QOS 'Set bandwidth' settings

How about a back up/export settings option in case a resets in order?

I was suposed to say this on another thread, but it works with pongos suggestion. backing up settings and especially the allow&deny list on a usb-drive. Im sure everyone here would get one if this was an option. You would also get a ton of space for logs and files etc. nothing to do with personal files yet, just something that might help iain?

Archived