Not staying in a lobby.

TheGreatDansby

I see the Netduma chaps are working hard to sort this out right now but playing destiny with geo enabled at a larger geo spread to 3000.00 km i'm getting booted out of matchmaking pretty much every game disabling the geo is fine.

Just a shout out about this as i'm on PS4 and noticed microsoft support in another thread for the upcoming patch regarding these issues.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma Fraser

I see the Netduma chaps are working hard to sort this out right now but playing destiny with geo enabled at a larger geo spread to 3000.00 km i'm getting booted out of matchmaking pretty much every game disabling the geo is fine.

Just a shout out about this as i'm on PS4 and noticed microsoft support in another thread for the upcoming patch regarding these issues.

We will look into this as soon as possible. In the mean time, try expanding your distance filter. However, Iain has said he can help you solve this quicker if you are available tomorrow evening. 

We will look into this as soon as possible. In the mean time, try expanding your distance filter. However, Iain has said he can help you solve this quicker if you are available tomorrow evening. 

Cheers Fraser will do 

Just to chime in, I was encountering a similar issue last night and I'm in the UK. I've read through the thread so will wait on the patch (incredible support and assistance btw) but thought I'd add my details in case it was any help. 

I'm in the UK and had the filter set to around 5-600km. It was hard to find games in AW on Xbox One and if I did, it would show a lobby full of "matched players", before kicking me out and researching. 

I increased the filter radius to around 1000km and was being thrown into the same pre-game lobby. This one DID have player names and ranks but I kept getting kicked, I increased the radius to 1200km or so and was placed in the same lobby, this time NOT kicked and the game started. 

I was finding it very hard/impossible to connect to games with a lesser search filter though. 

I'm in Brooklyn and have my location set at the southern tip of long island.

Hmm could it be that setting the pin away from your real location excludes yourself? This could happen when setting locations at short ranges as I guess as many things on the net the distances are nothing exact?

Guest Netduma_Iain

The issue is that when the distance is low you accidentally block a mm server. We tried to add as many as possible but we may have missed a few. So we are adding a button on the geo-filter that you can press when the lobby kicks you. This sends a report of recently blocked hosts to our server. It will process reports from everyone and automatically update your router within a few hours. 

If you want to help signup here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/152-geo-filter-reporting-signup/. If not don't worry it will be done automatically :) 

Hmm could it be that setting the pin away from your real location excludes yourself? This could happen when setting locations at short ranges as I guess as many things on the net the distances are nothing exact?

That's where Brooklyn is located. Lol

Guest Netduma Fraser

I just got my router today and I'm having this issue as well. I'm in Vermont in Northeast US. 

Hey Alex, first of all, welcome to the forum and thanks for buying an R1. We are aware of this issue and currently have a working fix in place. If you want to upgrade, you'll be helping us and hopefully you'll find your solution will be fixed when the auto updates start going out. Check out this thread to upgade http://forum.netduma.com/topic/161-version-1024/?do=findComment&comment=1489

I'm searching at 750km and not having problems finding games. However, after one or two games, I get kicked from the lobby. It even happens sometimes in the middle of the game. Any thoughts on why this might be and any potential ideas for a fix?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Alex,

Well the first automatic update has gone through so that has hopefully resolved issues for you. What game, console and location please? Please press the button when that happens 

I will press the button when it happens. it's the Xbox One and COD Advanced Warfare in the Northeast US. Did the auto update just go through? I was playing about an hour ago and it was happening. 

P.S. I love the router, service, and quick replies! Keep up the great work!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Alex, if you've upgraded to 1.02.4, then you should get auto updates very 4 hours. We've already sent out an update that will hopefully address lobby kicking for many people.

Quick question, i noticed since the update i dont see icon for host outside my range pop anymore when searching for games, is there any particular reason? Also sometimes the larger circle appears to be outside my filter range, is that accurate?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Codester, thanks for purchasing. Yes our routers has auto upgrade. But I don't want to use it right away so everyone is doing manual upgrades I'll pm you the details :)

Jstrick17 I think that was issue you mentioned in other thread right? If not please start another thread and I can help :)

Archived