Major Router Upgrade Now Available (v 1.03.5)

Netduma Fraser

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Can we get your professional guide to battle lag compensation Iain? I've tried everything but I end up making it worse.. The comp makes me fkin furious! Lol.. Would it be possible to get a step by step guide?

Get your ping as low as you possible can. Run an Internet diagnostics on the router it will tell you what your base ping is. Then expand the details and you'll see it says the average ping time.  Then take that number add 10 to it and set that to your ping assist.

Then move your home to the sea and set the radius so there is no land then search.

In terms of lag comp we can prove that low ping games give you huge advantage. However the high ping player will show visual effects of BS for example if he's running away then turns around and shoots he'll kill you. But on your screen he never turns.

BUT if you shot first before he actually turned around (I'm talking fair for both parties here) the player with low ping will always win. So when you think you got BS'd ignore killcam or what you saw. Think would a good player behave that way? Or would I behave that way? Or is it more likely he turned around and shot or did some other action but due to his delay you don't see it till its too late.

The key here is if you and him both shoot at the same time in the real world. You will win as the low ping player. 

• Administrators

Hey Iain just want to confirm the download file,

is its name R1-v-1-03-5m and 17.5mb in size?

Yup that is correct, the firmware is getting quite fat these days. May need to do some more compression in future. 

Yup that is correct, the firmware is getting quite fat these days. May need to do some more compression in future. 

Not worried about the size. I just tried to download the file and it was saying 35min to finish and then froze. 

I cancelled and tried again and the file downloaded in 2 seconds. I thought that file size was too small so I just wanted to make sure. 

Cheers!

Hi Iain,

Restarted the router.  Whatever you did seemed to have helped slightly.  My speeds are now around 97Mbps download with turbo off and 93 with turbo on.  Not sure there is anything else we can do?  Its getting late here so Ill pick this back up tomorrow.  Let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can do about my speeds.  Thanks again.

• Administrators

Hi Iain,

Restarted the router.  Whatever you did seemed to have helped slightly.  My speeds are now around 97Mbps download with turbo off and 93 with turbo on.  Not sure there is anything else we can do?  Its getting late here so Ill pick this back up tomorrow.  Let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can do about my speeds.  Thanks again.

There is nothing more you can do when you have pppoe. Sorry about that, but if you can ask your ISP if you can let pppoe be done on the other router then the Netduma will easily handle your speeds. 

Playing around with device priotitsation unticking the "share excess" gives a warning message saying you may get locked out of your router, surely this is if it is set at 0 correct? what are the risks of this happening?

You won't get locked out of the computer but a device may get locked out the Internet because you've restricted it's speed too much.

ah got ya thnx for speedy reply and great update thnx for all the hard work guys!

Get your ping as low as you possible can. Run an Internet diagnostics on the router it will tell you what your base ping is. Then expand the details and you'll see it says the average ping time. Then take that number add 10 to it and set that to your ping assist.

Then move your home to the sea and set the radius so there is no land then search.

In terms of lag comp we can prove that low ping games give you huge advantage. However the high ping player will show visual effects of BS for example if he's running away then turns around and shoots he'll kill you. But on your screen he never turns.

BUT if you shot first before he actually turned around (I'm talking fair for both parties here) the player with low ping will always win. So when you think you got BS'd ignore killcam or what you saw. Think would a good player behave that way? Or would I behave that way? Or is it more likely he turned around and shot or did some other action but due to his delay you don't see it till its too late.

The key here is if you and him both shoot at the same time in the real world. You will win as the low ping player.

Interesting. :)

Get your ping as low as you possible can. Run an Internet diagnostics on the router it will tell you what your base ping is. Then expand the details and you'll see it says the average ping time.  Then take that number add 10 to it and set that to your ping assist.

What about popping around the corner?  I used to play on 3G which had around 100ms+ latency (only other option at that time was satellite at 1000ms).  The only way to play on that connection is to run all the time, hug the walls, turn the corner, shoot at the enemy... and they usually die.  Their reaction time seemed delayed on my screen when I just pop out like that, more than it would if everyone was on a good connection.  On their screen it looks like I appear around the corner and kill them near instantly.  However, if I bump into someone face to face and we both shoot at each other the same time, he would 99% win the gunfight.  I know I played against a bunch of 3bar players the other night and they melted me around corners and got a taste of my own poison when I played on 3G.  I'm 390spm and 3.8kd TDM player and changed to the Vesper and still was getting melted.  Literally the entire other team was 3 bars, and two were 1 barring.  I think everyone on our team was 4 bars so that was kinda suspicious, but could just be a bad party match for them.

• Administrators

What about popping around the corner?  I used to play on 3G which had around 100ms+ latency (only other option at that time was satellite at 1000ms).  The only way to play on that connection is to run all the time, hug the walls, turn the corner, shoot at the enemy... and they usually die.  Their reaction time seemed delayed on my screen when I just pop out like that, more than it would if everyone was on a good connection.  On their screen it looks like I appear around the corner and kill them near instantly.  However, if I bump into someone face to face and we both shoot at each other the same time, he would 99% win the gunfight.  I know I played against a bunch of 3bar players the other night and they melted me around corners and got a taste of my own poison when I played on 3G.  I'm 390spm and 3.8kd TDM player and changed to the Vesper and still was getting melted.  Literally the entire other team was 3 bars, and two were 1 barring.  I think everyone on our team was 4 bars so that was kinda suspicious, but could just be a bad party match for them.

If your connection is horrible there is a certain threshold you will teleport for all opponents. A player that teleports is harder to hit so I assume on 3G you were experiencing that. But the whole gameplay must have been very choppy.

If a low ping player does hit you when you're teleporting you'll get destroyed way quicker by them though. 

• Administrators

Where doi get update? Netduma.com/upgrade shows .4

Please read the first post in the thread mate, it explains all the instructions and has a link there as well. Please read the instructions very carefully though as missing out any can seriously harm your experience. 

• Administrators

So i tried upgrading and it fails saying Upgrade failed with exit code 1. What should i do ?

I accessed your router, fixed it. Can you retry upgrading now please.

• Administrators

I just upgraded clicked turbo mode and am only getting 10 down and 100 up. used to get 100 down and 100 up before. Any help

Reset your device prioritisation and make sure you click update after doing so. It now works on the download direction too.

Archived