Star Wars Battlefront

Dookers

Played for an hour last night. Seems there's only dedi's, saw three - West Coast, Midwest and East. Consistently connected to east, very smooth and low ping.

I had geo disabled.

Pretty cool game, a little dumb they have no party chat though. Game modes are meh, blast is cool but the other modes you just get owned by snipers from across the map - just like Battlefield.

Played for an hour last night. Seems there's only dedi's, saw three - West Coast, Midwest and East. Consistently connected to east, very smooth and low ping.

I had geo disabled.

Pretty cool game, a little dumb they have no party chat though. Game modes are meh, blast is cool but the other modes you just get owned by snipers from across the map - just like Battlefield.

Where are you located?  All I see sometimes is either far west coast (cali), Midwest (rarely), and nothing on the east coast ever.  I see the home of netduma constantly which is putting me at well over a 100 ping

Where are you located? All I see sometimes is either far west coast (cali), Midwest (rarely), and nothing on the east coast ever. I see the home of netduma constantly which is putting me at well over a 100 ping

New York (Long Island)

Make sure you don't have your filtering enabled. I've had nothing but great games on BF.

Im on the east coast in Miami and keep getting only west coast servers, I have tried with Geo on and off strict on and off and cant get away from west coast servers, when I ping its about 150 and tough to play

same here. 

We would like to support the game, If you want to help please provide me with IDs and I can take a look. You could also PM me for a 1 on 1 if you want to help out.

Will post ID's tonight for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi guys,

When Fraser & I get back on Tuesday we will work on porting Battlefront if it's possible. I know Fraser was looking at it but I literally have not used it and have no idea how it works in the background.

Happy Christmas :)

Picked SW Battlefront up in the PS4 sale. I'm in UK but I only see a server located in West coast US. Had to disable UK euro geofilter to get games. Christmas probably not the best time to compare but the lag was so bad I had to stop playing. It was like I was firing blanks. It's clearly server-side issues. I know this ain't the best game ever but it looks and sounds amazing and I know it could be fun if it wasn't for the lag. any magic you netduma guys could muster to counteract this would be appreciated.

I'm on the east coast of the US, and I noticed a bad bad bad game - looked at the geo map and I was connected to a server in Europe. I was too far zoomed in to notice.

If you enable your geo filter before the game loads, you can't connect (authentication server or something I guess). If you enable after you're in, it kind of works as long as you're not in a party.

A bit frustrating - but I typically connect to Mid-US and California servers. Connections are hit or miss, some games great and others I die in one shot on my end, just like BO3 which I don't even bother with anymore.

BO3 is playing much better these days recommend you to take another look especially with the netduma. (Though i havnt played much over christmas maybe servers are running a bit hot at the moment)

Looks like SWBF server locations are messed up. Ill play later and get some ids.

Though Im scared to boot it up again i had such a bad experience.

Archived