Destiny - Quail, Beaver, General Network Errors

I can relate to Frustrated as far as not being kicked since the update, I have not had the beaver error once since the update. I have experienced lag and yellow triangles in my geo filter since Destiny changed the way it does its matchmaking and I will upload some videos of lag that I am experiencing. I can honestly say IMO that the Duma team does a great job at trying to resolve any issues that we may have but I have come to realize in all my years of gaming that Destiny is a special case when it comes to PvP. Fraser if I can help out in any way please let me know.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general I'm quite happy with my Netduma, but can support the fact that I see myself often get booted with beaver errors in Destiny, mostly in PvP (gefilter radius 1k km, PA off). Netduma helps even with Destiny to reduce the chance of getting laggy players, but it doesn't solve all issues. Guess it is due to Destinys' matchmaking and Peer-2-Peer architecture.

Hey guys, I'm also an active Destiny player and happy to help with updates/feedback. So today after being hesitant to update from .4 to .5 I went for it. Everything was fine after update, with huge improvements to my download speed and smoothness. That was till I tried to play pvp with clan mates. Every time I'm about to go into the game I got Bungies stupid error codes.

I have since turned Wifi workaround and strict off and so far it's working (about to test right now). What I don't understand is both these settings were on before the update and work flawlessly. With strict on I got full games with green bars and almost no lag.

Why have I had to turn these of for? When can I have them back on?

I'd really appreciate more Destiny support as I think many Netduma owners are Destiny players.

Long story short- .4 was better than .5 update for me so far.

Hoping these cloud updates(no idea what they do?) help resolve this. Destiny is the game it could be when the Netduma is working. It's a fantastic product and thank you guys.

New update: After playing a few games and testing with Strit off and on, I'm guessing for now that it's the strict mode doing it. That said I was able to play one game with Strict on, but sadly the next game kicked me. Why did strict work in the previous version, but not this latest one?

http://youtu.be/Ulg073AzCR0 As you can see from this video, easynow has strict turned on in the .5 firmware?

• Administrators

Hey guys, I'm also an active Destiny player and happy to help with updates/feedback. So today after being hesitant to update from .4 to .5 I went for it. Everything was fine after update, with huge improvements to my download speed and smoothness. That was till I tried to play pvp with clan mates. Every time I'm about to go into the game I got Bungies stupid error codes.

I have since turned Wifi workaround and strict off and so far it's working (about to test right now). What I don't understand is both these settings were on before the update and work flawlessly. With strict on I got full games with green bars and almost no lag.

Why have I had to turn these of for? When can I have them back on?

I'd really appreciate more Destiny support as I think many Netduma owners are Destiny players.

Long story short- .4 was better than .5 update for me so far.

Hoping these cloud updates(no idea what they do?) help resolve this. Destiny is the game it could be when the Netduma is working. It's a fantastic product and thank you guys.

New update: After playing a few games and testing with Strit off and on, I'm guessing for now that it's the strict mode doing it. That said I was able to play one game with Strict on, but sadly the next game kicked me. Why did strict work in the previous version, but not this latest one?

http://youtu.be/Ulg073AzCR0 As you can see from this video, easynow has strict turned on in the .5 firmware?

Hey thanks for the feedback! We always recommend strict off to prevent booting but if you're lucky enough to get a game with strict on without being booted you'll get an amazing connection. .5 shouldn't be any different to .4 in terms of finding games. I will continue to do cloud updates (which update and add new servers for the Geo-filter) to optimise the game as much as possible :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived