Nat type 3 on PS4

Hello everyone,

I have used the netduma for about a month with AW on X360, and it has been working very good. But now I got a Ps4, and I seem to be stuck with a Nat type 3. I have read the wiki and these forums and tried every tip I have found here without success.

I am connected with fibre 100/100, the netduma is connected directly to the fibreconverter, and the ps4 is wired to the netduma. I also have 2 PC:s connected with cable and a few phones/tablets with wifi.

With upnp there is only one port open for the ps4, 9308. If I disable Upnp and enter the necessary ports manually I still get Nat type 3. I have tried to disable the geofilter, and I have tried the Upnp forwarding option, I have rebooted both the netduma and the ps4 multiple times. I use the same cable as for the x360 so they are not connected at the same time, and I have made a factory reset. I have also tried to connect with wifi without any better result. Does anyone have any suggestion what I can do ?

The xbox always had open nat and there are other ports opened for the Pc:s through Upnp, but for the Ps4 I cant make it work.Both Destiny and BO3 is also saying my nat is strict.

• Netduma Staff

No it should just be like a switch, it has 4 ports but no router built in. There is also no blue box in the interface as it should be if the netduma is connected to a primary router if I understand it right.

Have you tried giving everything a reboot including the fibre modem? :)

Yes I have tried to reboot everything in different orders etc. But right now I tested to connect the ps4 directly to the fibermodem without the netduma or anything else connected, and still got a nat type 3

Could it be that my isp is blocking something just for the ps4? I live in Sweden so its not North korea at least :)

• Netduma Staff

Yes I have tried to reboot everything in different orders etc. But right now I tested to connect the ps4 directly to the fibermodem without the netduma or anything else connected, and still got a nat type 3

Could it be that my isp is blocking something just for the ps4? I live in Sweden so its not North korea at least :)

Hmm, who is your ISP?

Yes I think I have tried everything there multiple times, but as I tried to connect the PS4 directly to the fibre modem yesterday, and still got a Nat type 3 the netduma seems to not be the problem or what do you think ?

I have googled a bit about my isp and found that they are not using public IPs for the customers. Could this be the problem ? 

So its lite they are putting me behind their firewall in that case ?

I will call them when I get home and see. It says on their website that I can contact them and get a public IP.

• Netduma Staff

Yes I think I have tried everything there multiple times, but as I tried to connect the PS4 directly to the fibre modem yesterday, and still got a Nat type 3 the netduma seems to not be the problem or what do you think ?

I have googled a bit about my isp and found that they are not using public IPs for the customers. Could this be the problem ? 

So its lite they are putting me behind their firewall in that case ?

I will call them when I get home and see. It says on their website that I can contact them and get a public IP.

Yeah, try giving them a call and see if they are blocking any ports :)

Please people I desperately need help. I have a moderate Nat type. I have tried port forwarding and enabling unp. It work for a while and now it won't even work at all. When I connect my ps4 to my Verizon router the Nat type will be open but when I connect back to netduma router the Nat type will be moderate. Please please help, croosy , Ian or anyone. Please help. Thank you

• Administrators

Please people I desperately need help. I have a moderate Nat type. I have tried port forwarding and enabling unp. It work for a while and now it won't even work at all. When I connect my ps4 to my Verizon router the Nat type will be open but when I connect back to netduma router the Nat type will be moderate. Please please help, croosy , Ian or anyone. Please help. Thank you

Sean as said before please create your own thread. I told you how in another thread you commented on. Sounds like you just need to follow http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_natand put the R1 in Verizon DMZ

• Netduma Staff

If you click this you are literally at the form for making a thread :)

Ok so my problem is solved, it was my Isp that put their customers behind their Nat that was the problem. I had no idea about this since the xbox worked fine and not the Ps4, and I spent hours trying to fix this.

So sorry for bothering you guys when it wasnt the netdumas fault :) I guess you can lock this thread if you want.

Archived