• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule Name = Black OPS 3

Start Port = 3075

End Port = 3075

Protocol = Both

IP Address= your PS4, YOUR LAST THREE NUMBERS. 

THIS WILL BE ON YOUR PS4 SETTINGS>NETWORK> STATUS 

Shut off your PS4, reboot your router then wait 5 mins restart your PS4. Your should be good to go  

• Administrators

Please people I desperately need help. I have a moderate Nat type. I have tried port forwarding and enabling unp. It work for a while and now it won't even work at all. When I connect my ps4 to my Verizon router the Nat type will be open but when I connect back to netduma router the Nat type will be moderate. Please please help, croosy , Ian or anyone. Please help. Thank you

Sounds like you may need to DMZ the R1 http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

But to answer your question, whichever console connects to Black Ops 3 first is going to get Open NAT. Try shutting down both consoles, rebooting your Netduma and then launching Black Ops 3 on your main console. You should have Open NAT on the main console and Moderate NAT on the second console.

Even this isn't fully working as I just turned the main Xbox on and it's moderate. I haven't touched the other one.

Just wanted to update:

Rebooted R1, enabled bleeding edge and some of the other suggestions. Turned off Geofilter and deleted the port forward rules I set for the NAT issues. Let UPnP take care of everything.

Rebooted Xb1 that's host. Signed in. Turned on geo, told step son to turn his on and sign in and no NAT issues. Played a few games after playing with settings and it seems I get pretty bad ping spikes fairly often. But hey, NAT issues fixed lol

If I reboot the Duma I can get an open NAT on the first console that connects to BO3, the others remain moderate.

Every time you start BO3 the Duma's UPnP opens ports for it yet the game still says moderate.

This is something Treyarch needs to look at, I've not had a moderate NAT on any games with 4 consoles since getting the Duma.

I get an open NAT using one xbox one, if I pull the Ethernet cable while the xbox is on then re attach it I get a strict NAT but when I search for games even with a tight Geo I find games quick so this must be a false positive on their side.

Connection wise for in game performance is port forwarding or upnp better than the other?  For me personally on my ps4 either method will get me an open nat no problem. I only have one console running at a time. So which one of those two is the best way?  I know upnp is more about convenience and a simple solution.

• Administrators

Connection wise for in game performance is port forwarding or upnp better than the other?  For me personally on my ps4 either method will get me an open nat no problem. I only have one console running at a time. So which one of those two is the best way?  I know upnp is more about convenience and a simple solution.

I would say keeping UPnP on because then it can open any other ports you need that you didn't even know you needed for example

• Netduma Staff

Thanks guys. its finally open. but one more problem again, when i delete the rules on my verizon router they come back on again the next day. how do i permately delete the port forwarding rules on my primary(verizon) router so they wont pop up again?

It might just be showing the ports that have been forwarded due to UPnP. You could make sure UPnP is disabled on the Verizon, but if you have an Open NAT i would just leave it and not worry about it :)

• Netduma Staff

Both my isp and netduma

Keep it on your Netduma and disable on your ISP. Then make sure the Netduma is in your ISPs DMZ. If you have UPnP off on your ISP then you can also switch off UPnP forwarding in Settings >> Miscellaneous :)

• Administrators

I have read and done everything in this thread.  No matter what I do my second PS4 always has a moderate NAT.  Not really a huge deal but it sometimes messes with chat when both consoles are in same party.

I do believe it is just a false reading, If you look here this explains why its happening:

The reason you need NAT is because you only have 1 internet IP address but you have multiple devices on your LAN. So NAT does fancy tricks to make all those devices appear as 1 computer. NAT in nearly all scenarios is transparent, you can't tell it is happening which is great. 

The only time NAT is visible is when the first packet for an application comes from the WAN side first instead of LAN which is far more typical. When that packet arrives it has no idea which device to send it to. So this is where port forwarding comes in, if the packet is destined for a particular port the port forwarding table tells it which individual device to forward the packet to.

Obviously you can't have 2 devices port forwarded because then you're back at the same problem, which device would get it?

The way to get multiple consoles to get open NAT is usually through UPnP. It simply automates the port forwarding process so the game can dictate to the router which ports to open. In the case of the multiple consoles the second console would open a higher number port.

So what you should do if you have multiple consoles is delete all port forwarding and let UPnP do the work. If you have UPnP and Geo-filter disabled and it's still not open. Unfortunately that is a game issue and we're not able to help you. I realise that is frustrating, I hope this explanation at least helps you understand the reason why. We're not trying to pass the buck. 

If you're behind another router make sure it has no port forwarding rules and the R1 is put in its DMZ.

• 1 month later...

Things were already confusing running a Comcast modem and an Apple AirPort Extreme wireless router.. NOW I've added the Netduma R1 to the mix and its just a mud bath. My Xbox One NAT now reads "Moderate" and I cannot connect to a private party due to network issues. I tried making some adjustments on the Netduma and Comcast router but now I feel like I'm on spin cycle in a hedge maze. I've lost my direction and probably messed some settings up along the way. A little help please..

Hardwired in:

Wall  >

Modem: Xfinity - Dual - Band WiFi 802.11ac >

Netduma R1 >

Apple AirPort Extreme / Xbox One 

*Each device has it's own settings!! Very confusing...  :huh: