Black Ops 3: Hosts outside radius

Netduma Fraser

I dont understand what people are saying is wrong, I have had this happen since day one and thought it was not working right.

So to my understanding, when you select ping assist t oa certain value if no one in your geo circle meets that ping then it will pick one out of your circle.

meeting that ping value.

So why are people saying it is not working? It is doing what it is supposed to do,  also setting the ping to zero should only make you host.

My results are like this, I live in L.A. California and put my home just a little off not to cover any water and doesn't go into Mexico.

I got it set to 419 miles radius and I try not to make the ping higher than 47ms which is my ping to Microsoft.

The lowest ping I was able to set and get in a game was I believe 25ms any lower would make me host no matter what I set my bandwidth to.

But even when I'm hosting when I trace the connection goes everywhere.

I know I'm host when it shows the host as 9 miles away anyway this is normal operation right?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Netduma Staff

I dont understand what people are saying is wrong, I have had this happen since day one and thought it was not working right.

So to my understanding, when you select ping assist t oa certain value if no one in your geo circle meets that ping then it will pick one out of your circle.

meeting that ping value.

So why are people saying it is not working? It is doing what it is supposed to do,  also setting the ping to zero should only make you host.

My results are like this, I live in L.A. California and put my home just a little off not to cover any water and doesn't go into Mexico.

I got it set to 419 miles radius and I try not to make the ping higher than 47ms which is my ping to Microsoft.

The lowest ping I was able to set and get in a game was I believe 25ms any lower would make me host no matter what I set my bandwidth to.

But even when I'm hosting when I trace the connection goes everywhere.

I know I'm host when it shows the host as 9 miles away anyway this is normal operation right?

I think you may have misunderstood what ping assist does :) This should explain.

I know that ping assist connects me to a possible host outside my filter settings.

One thing I am noticing now is even if I set the ping at 35ms, I been put in lobbies with 80-100ms.

I check the ping in the game in BO3.

I know that ping assist connects me to a possible host outside my filter settings.

One thing I am noticing now is even if I set the ping at 35ms, I been put in lobbies with 80-100ms.

I check the ping in the game in BO3.

The ping assist is for outside the filter the ping to host can be any range inside the geo-filter.

I tried again when I got in still connecting to the same 2 places outside my filter all with different ids every time I back out a lobby I get same thing any news on when fix will be out

Now there is a two minute minimum time limit before you can get into a new lobby after you back out of one.

• Administrators

When I trace, my packets go across the country outside of my filter range.  How can I stop this?  I have strict ticked.  I have tried with bleeding edge enabled and disabled, but constantly get the same results.

I really would not pay attention to the trace route, it is quite inaccurate, in fact we are thinking of removing the feature all together. Just focus on the ping itself. 

I tried again when I got in still connecting to the same 2 places outside my filter all with different ids every time I back out a lobby I get same thing any news on when fix will be out

Should be out very soon, Iain has been working tirelessly all day on this task

I really would not pay attention to the trace route, it is quite inaccurate, in fact we are thinking of removing the feature all together. Just focus on the ping itself. 

Should be out very soon, Iain has been working tirelessly all day on this task

I understand the ping is important, but if I'm at 60ms and my competition is at 30ms, I'm getting my face bashed in.  Sometimes I have 80 ms lobbies that are better than 40 ms.  It's all relative, but I would like to have a way to control what I'm getting into.  Connecting to a server across the country doesn't help matters.  Can you guys send me the ip address for 8568d5a00524cbd0?  I would like to block it completely on my TP-Link router and see if it helps matters.

Zennon, I did not know the ping could be anything inside the geo filter.

I would think the shorter the distance the lower the ping.

But sometimes that is not the case, I would also like to see exact distance to the host even if I place my home somewhere else.

I live in california and lets say I place my home marker in florida, I want to see the actual mileage from my real location to the host not the mileage from where I put my marker to host.

This just happened to me but you know what, it's week one.

Try not to get too excited about the problems.

We have all been here before take a deep breath and remember, its a game.

Doing well will not get you laid, nor will it increase your ability to pick up ladies, be better at your job, make your penis bigger or your pussy tighter. Its a video game!!!!

In a few weeks I am sure that we will all be rocking a fantastic KDR and posting our epic videos but at the end of the day I do think we all need to chill a little and remember, IT IS A GAME

Sorry dude but really. Im a photojournalist and really there are way more important things happening in the world than peoples kdr. When you stare in the face of some of the shit people have to stare into it makes the problem of lag kinda know its place.

As a gamer myself I understand the frustration but I do feel that people need to occasionally put it into context. :)

Sorry dude but really. Im a photojournalist and really there are way more important things happening in the world than peoples kdr. When you stare in the face of some of the shit people have to stare into it makes the problem of lag kinda know its place.

As a gamer myself I understand the frustration but I do feel that people need to occasionally put it into context. :)

Preach! Preach!

Hey guys am getting same problem like r8rs4lf

Btw how u get this green colour crilces its a theme ?

Mine theme is Netduma-v2,,,,,,

Me as well, Japanese, USA, France/Germany, Poland/Lithuania

With the m update and the one before it, k I think it was.

Single player, I'm fine, as soon as I party up with anyone the game changes dramatically.