Black Ops 3: Hosts outside radius

Netduma Fraser

• Administrators

Hey everyone,

I want to address this issue that people are having. I've spoken with Iain and we are certain that it is impossible for any hosts to appear outside of your radius. Even if they are mis located. It should not be happening if you've followed the below steps:

1. Auto & bleeding edge cloud ticked and applied.
  2. Your device on Geo-filtering page is selected with the correct service and the button underneath says "disable".
  3. Strict mode is ticked.
  4. Ping assist at 0. 
  5. You have let the Geo-filter clear by waiting ~2minutes for any changes to take effect - (this is our anti-cheat feature)

I've done 1 on 1's with multiple people today and I haven't found one that experienced this issue when these steps were followed.

If you believe that this is still occurring I am more than happy to do a 1 on 1 with you. I will however just be performing the steps above. I'm in the UK so please keep in mind I can only do reasonable GMT hours.

Thank you. 

P.S. Any thread related to this issue will be immediately closed and referred to this one so that we can collect in one place.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was turning off Bleeding edge that worked for me.   To double check, i just put bleeding edge back on and immediately was thrown on the Kansas server outside of the geo.    Then Bleeding Edge off and it's all in the geo.

• Administrators

It was turning off Bleeding edge that worked for me.   To double check, i just put bleeding edge back on and immediately was thrown on the Kansas server outside of the geo.    Then Bleeding Edge off and it's all in the geo.

Can we do another 1 on 1 with bleeding on please

• Administrators

@r8rs4lf Can you click the disable button at the top of the Geo-filtering page on your PS4, enable, then disable and enable it again please and then wait 2 minutes for Geo to clear and try again. Also your radius is very small, do at least ~1000km. 

What does Bleeding Edge do specifically? I think mine did better with it off. I know with it on, I was getting that Kansas server non stop.

Also, I know with it off (bleeding edge), strick on, etc.. it would take awhile to find games even after increasing the radius of my geo-filter, but it did find games with in it. Just took awhile sometimes.

@r8rs4lf Can you click the disable button at the top of the Geo-filtering page on your PS4, enable, then disable and enable it again please and then wait 2 minutes for Geo to clear and try again. Also your radius is very small, do at least ~1000km. 

Ok so I did what you said and it seemed to have worked. Not getting anything out of the GEO filter. As far as the radius being small, does that affect the filter at all or is it just something where it will make it harder to find a game?

One other thing, I have both auto and bleeding ticked. Is that how I should leave it?

• Netduma Staff

Ok so I did what you said and it seemed to have worked. Not getting anything out of the GEO filter. As far as the radius being small, does that affect the filter at all or is it just something where it will make it harder to find a game?

One other thing, I have both auto and bleeding ticked. Is that how I should leave it?

Having it small shouldn't affect the filter, but yes, you may find it harder to get games :)

Yeah, leaving it like that will give you the cloud optimised for Bops3.

• Administrators

Hi r8rs4lf,

Can I try adding a new service to your router. I'll call it "Xbox Live No PingAss" and you can try reselect that service. See if that fixes the issue? Otherwise I'll have to investigate tomorrow. 

Thanks

Hi r8rs4lf,

Can I try adding a new service to your router. I'll call it "Xbox Live No PingAss" and you can try reselect that service. See if that fixes the issue? Otherwise I'll have to investigate tomorrow. 

Thanks

Sure, whatever you guys think will help. Just let me know what I have to do.

• Administrators

Ok thanks. I've done it r8rs4lf.

Can you go to host filtering page and to a hard refresh. On windows that is "Ctrl + F5".

Then under your console click "Select Service". Then pick your console again but this time choose "Xbox Live No PingAss" NOT "Xbox Live PA".

Then wait 5mins or so to make sure everything is flushed from your Geo-Filter. Then try again, does that stop that pesky host appearing?

Ok thanks. I've done it r8rs4lf.

Can you go to host filtering page and to a hard refresh. On windows that is "Ctrl + F5".

Then under your console click "Select Service". Then pick your console again but this time choose "Xbox Live No PingAss" NOT "Xbox Live PA".

Then wait 5mins or so to make sure everything is flushed from your Geo-Filter. Then try again, does that stop that pesky host appearing?

Played a few games with that applied and was getting multiple hosts outside of GEO. One especially towards New York. Made it worse.

Yes I'm available tomorrow. Just let me know what time.

Also, just want to let you and your team know that my issues are definitely getting better. Played about 10-15 games today and did pretty well overall. Way better than it was these past few days. So it's getting there. It's just connecting to hosts outside of the GEO still.

• Administrators

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm confident we will resolve it very soon. If you're technically inclined I think it's a rare race condition.

I've got to do a bit of development in the morning. I think I'll be free from 11am - 9pm GMT.

Ok guys.once i leave or get booted out of a good lobby..then wait till map clears I always get a US host..the same area..doin my f***ing head in..wtf is going on..the only

way Ican get a UK host is with bleeding edge off

• Administrators

Hi scoony sorry you need to be patient it take a while to port a game. It will be resolved soon.

If it works with bleeding edge off then disable it for now :)

Thanks Ian

Doesn't work with bleeding edge on..having these problems with it off..think the game has a big share of the blame. Although I cant understand how 1 game it shows the host in america with a yellow triangle over it trying its hardest to get through the geo..and eventually I get in a UK based game then 1..2..3 games later if I leave or am booted from the lobby im connected to the US...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm confident we will resolve it very soon. If you're technically inclined I think it's a rare race condition.

I've got to do a bit of development in the morning. I think I'll be free from 11am - 9pm GMT.

Any idea what that would be PST? Also, how do I go about a 1 on 1?