PS4 issues

DREEALL

For the release of Black ops 3, i've managed to get my Netduma functioning with my playstation, however for the last 2 days, i receive an error where the PS4 says 'a lan cable is not connected' disconnects then reconnects. Apparently, a few people have had this issue, and now my wired has completely stopped the internet access. WiFi is fine, i've changed the cable, i'm also talking with Virgin media about this issue

Regards.

I had a similar issue.  Even though it stated internet access disconnected, I could go into messages, friends, store, etc.  It is something weird between the game and PS4.  I personally believe that an error in the coding causes an issue with the network layer and the game reports it as a communication issue.  In reality, the game just is not communicating properly with the PS4 software.   

Hi DREEALL, welcome to the forum :)

Have you tried changing the port on the Netduma?

Could you explain how i could do this please, its just frustrating as i'd play online then randomly lose connection with the message 'no lan cable connected'

• Netduma Staff

Could you explain how i could do this please, its just frustrating as i'd play online then randomly lose connection with the message 'no lan cable connected'

Just plug the ethernet cable into a different port on the Netduma :) If that doesn't fix it, you could take a look at this and see if their solution solves the problem.

Just plug the ethernet cable into a different port on the Netduma :) If that doesn't fix it, you could take a look at this and see if their solution solves the problem.

It's not solved anything, i reset my netduma a few times, it will then connect. After i've finished playing, the next day the problem will repeat itself, and no lan cable is apparently connected

• Netduma Staff

It's not solved anything, i reset my netduma a few times, it will then connect. After i've finished playing, the next day the problem will repeat itself, and no lan cable is apparently connected

In that case it may be a PS4 issue. Maybe someone else will have another suggestion but not sure if that problem for PS4 has a fix.

Archived