Netduma router Geo-Filter Setup

Hi,

I am new to Netduma router. I live in United Arab Emirates. A freind recommended this router who lives in the same place and showed me how geo-filter works but for some reason he could not made it work in my router. I would really appreciate if someone can help me out in setting geo-filter via remote or by any other means.

Please note that while choosing the service he is getting Xbox live OS in his list which does not appear in my list. Only Xbox Live PA is appearing in my list.

The router is bridged. The firmware is updated to latest version 1.03.4. Internet is working fine but i need geo-filter to work.

Please do the needful.

Thanks.

Hi Jawadaliawan, welcome to the forum

Did you go through the tutorial when you first plugged in the Netduma ?

On the Host Filtering page, does it say Enable or Disable ?

Are you trying the filter out with black ops 3 ? If so you need to read this http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8847-black-ops-3-issues/?do=findComment&comment=65041

Hi Jawadaliawan, welcome to the forum

Did you go through the tutorial when you first plugged in the Netduma ?

On the Host Filtering page, does it say Enable or Disable ?

Are you trying the filter out with black ops 3 ? If so you need to read this http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8847-black-ops-3-issues/?do=findComment&comment=65041

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Yes i went through tutorial and even i was being assisted by existing user of Net Duma still it didn't work.

It said enabled when i have added Xbox live PA but i couldn't get Xbox Live OS in my life os services whereas my friend has that.

Yes all this excercise is for Bo3.

PS: After choosing my location placing the dot in the map the circle which moves around is in blue color whereas it is red for my friend.

Thanks again

Thanks Crossy.

Yes, it is for Bo3.

The problem is when i search lobby and same time monitor for host to which am connected in geo-filter it doesn't show anything at all just the blue circle keeps moving around without any host identification. Plus i am connected to random lobbies like before; it doesn't restrict connecting to host in my selected area.

There is no lag only if i get one bar sometimes. Normally, i get 2 or 3 standard bars. No booting out of lobbies or games. It is ok but it is like before using Net Duma similar to that. What i want is to restrict my search to my area only even if it takes time in finding lobbies.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Crossy.

Yes, it is for Bo3.

The problem is when i search lobby and same time monitor for host to which am connected in geo-filter it doesn't show anything at all just the blue circle keeps moving around without any host identification. Plus i am connected to random lobbies like before; it doesn't restrict connecting to host in my selected area.

First of all can you check that you're adding the right device to the GeoFilter. Go to Network Settings on your console and find out what your IP Address is. Then go to the Device manager on the Xbox and make sure that matches the device that you've added to the GeoFilter. If it doesn't then change the device on the GeoFilter to the one that matches that IP :)

• Netduma Staff

Since this router is bridged to primary router, i have connected only one device to Net Duma that is Xbox and the same is coming in my list nothing else. Still if you want me to match the ip of xbox with geo filter i can give it a try.

Would you just be able to check it to confirm :) Also is it possible at all that the console has defaulted to your old router's Wifi or something like that?

• Netduma Staff

I will confirm for sure. Additionally, sorry if i forgot to mention earlier the xbox is connected through wired only. I don't connect xbox on wifi ever.

Is it possible if you could please inform me where can i see the device ip on Net Duma router?

Ok, that's good :) You can see the device IPs in the Device Manager which is a page you can access from the sidebar on the dashboard.

• Netduma Staff

Will it be possible to take remote to my pc after 3 hours and you can check all the settings by yourself?

I would understand if it's not possible just if u can you know

Thanks.

I'll be in chat at about 4:15 GMT so could do it then but by then someone may have already fixed your problem :)

Hi again, I can't see your uploaded photo clear enough but you said above that the router says 'enabled', the router only displays 'Enable' or 'Disable'... so if it says 'Enable' it is actually disabled & visa versa. Click it so it says 'disable'.

Its confusing I know :)

Please also make sure you are using Firefox or Chrome

Ignore this if you already have both settings correct.

Yam Yam, Thanks for Replying.

I will be reaching home in 1 hour. I would really appreciate if you can assist me that time.

Regards,

I'll be here buddy but at the moment I'm just pointing out a few things that need checking. Crossy & other users are a lot more knowledgeable than me, I'm only a local lad :lol:

Archived