Solution - Black Ops 3 (how to open NAT from Strict/Moderated)

It seems to vary for me.  I am normally open. When I notice that it is moderate, I start with closing BO3 and restarting the game. The majority of time, this works.  If that does not work, then I restart the console.  If that does not work, then I reset router with the console off and then turn it on.

Im getting nothing but strict on my PS4 through the netduma.  I've even tried disabling host filtering.  If I connect to my main router wifi, I get open nat, but through the netduma, I get strict on BO3 but type 2 on console.   Only way I have ever gotten open is by rebooting main router, rebooting netduma and then hard resetting PS4, but it doesn't always work.  Also, when it does work, if I exit out of BO3 and then relaunch, it goes back to strict

I've also been able to open my NAT now. It doesn't help with lag, but it opened my NAT. I was running two routers at the time with the NetDuma being the secondary.

I removed the primary router, and now the NetDuma is my only router. I did two things. Bare in mind I was frustrated at the time so I didn't try anything else.

I removed the primary router. I double checked my download and upload speeds in the NetDuma to make sure they were correct per my ISP. I left UPnP ticked in all areas. Using the port table in my primary router as a guide I forwarded every port that the Duma had opened. I ended up opening 12 ports!

After that the NAT has remained open. I will eventually be removing the port forwarding rules as a test. If it works just as well I will leave it as is.

This was just an experiment, and it's been working so far.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I CANT GET A OPEN NAT... I HAVE FACTORY RESET MY IPS MODEM... TRYED UPNP ON AND OFF... FORWARDED EVERY PORT KNOWN TO MAN FOR PS4... TURNED HOST FILTERING GIO OFF... IVE DONE EVERYTHING...

STATIC IP ADDRESS FOR PS4 AS WELL.... I PUT MY PS4 IN DMZ ON MY ISP ROUTER TOO... EVERYTHING!!!!

• Netduma Staff

I CANT GET A OPEN NAT... I HAVE FACTORY RESET MY IPS MODEM... TRYED UPNP ON AND OFF... FORWARDED EVERY PORT KNOWN TO MAN FOR PS4... TURNED HOST FILTERING GIO OFF... IVE DONE EVERYTHING...

STATIC IP ADDRESS FOR PS4 AS WELL.... I PUT MY PS4 IN DMZ ON MY ISP ROUTER TOO... EVERYTHING!!!!

Please make your own thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Using Huawei 635 here and had open nat before using R1. Now im on moderate with the R1. Opened ports and assigned Dmz ect but to no avail. Resets of Ps4 or router/R1 does nothing for my Nat. Bo3 says UDP 3074 isnt open - except it is as ive portforwarded it along with a selection of other recommended ports. Not sure what to do next. Cant play with friends or even use chat function in Ps4 party.

P.s Is it worth mentioning my R1 thought i was located in Australia when im from the Uk? I went against the advice of moving my home location and set it to the uk.

• Administrators

Using Huawei 635 here and had open nat before using R1. Now im on moderate with the R1. Opened ports and assigned Dmz ect but to no avail. Resets of Ps4 or router/R1 does nothing for my Nat. Bo3 says UDP 3074 isnt open - except it is as ive portforwarded it along with a selection of other recommended ports. Not sure what to do next. Cant play with friends or even use chat function in Ps4 party.

P.s Is it worth mentioning my R1 thought i was located in Australia when im from the Uk? I went against the advice of moving my home location and set it to the uk.

Can you make your own thread please. Include in your post whether the console itself is open and whether you have add your friends to the allow list. The location defaults to Australia, no issue there, good that you moved it.

• Administrators

I have found that only use one of the 3 dmz, port forwarding, upnp. If I did 2 or all 3 I got strict Nat.

You should do DMZ, port forwarding OR UPnP not both. 

You could try setting a static IP for each console and doing manual port forwarding for each as Activision suggest here